cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my replacement finally, but...

AdelaisAer
Level 8
I finally got my replacement! But I think that Asus was a cheapass this time. 😕 The first time, I had this amazing, beautiful mouse with animated LEDs and everything. This time they sent me some plain Logitech mouse. >.>; I feel sad now. But at least I have my replacement, so I guess I should be happy.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM
  • Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB
  • 700GB 7200rpm HDD (x2 paritions, 350GB each)
11 REPLIES 11

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Were you actually planning on using that mouse? Isn't it wired? (Who uses a wired mouse anymore.....)

Good luck with this one!

BrodyBoy wrote:
Were you actually planning on using that mouse? Isn't it wired? (Who uses a wired mouse anymore.....)

Good luck with this one!

The one I had the first time was VERY decent, actually. 😕 This one seems meh. But I might just buy a fancy bluetooth mouse if I need to, though I doubt I can find one with animated LEDs and stuff. Yes, I like fancy stuff.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB

WhirledNews
Level 7
I use a wired mouse, I play FPS and the response time is much better, if you are doing anything very fast paced with extreme precision you will notice. Plus, I don't like the weight of wireless ones and I don't have to worry about batteries or messed up signals...
G74SX
-Intel X25-M 80 GB Mainstream SATA II SSD
-Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300

AdelaisAer
Level 8
Well, doesn't matter - my laptop died after flashing BIOS 203. Woo..........time to go kill myself or something.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB

AdelaisAer wrote:
Well, doesn't matter - my laptop died after flashing BIOS 203. Woo..........time to go kill myself or something.

REALLY??????

Did the update itself fail? Or was there a fault that came later?

BrodyBoy wrote:
REALLY??????

Did the update itself fail? Or was there a fault that came later?

The update went perfectly fine. It verified, programmed, etc. Then it finished, said, SHUTTING DOWN IN 2 SECONDS... Then it shut down. I thought, okay, I'll wait ten seconds before turning it on. Tried, didn't work. Took the battery out, put it back in, tried, didn't work. Noticed the battery light didn't even come on anymore. My charger works fine because I tried it on my Toshiba, and that somehow worked. So, my laptop is officially an overglorified paperweight and I really don't feel like sending it to Amazon because I know they'll be all over my ass...*sigh* God damn it.
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB

AdelaisAer wrote:
....I really don't feel like sending it to Amazon because I know they'll be all over my ass...*sigh* God damn it.

No they won't. Simply fill out an online return form...cause is "defective....won't start"....and they'll send UPS to pick it up in a couple days.

Order another one right now, and maybe you'll have it by the end of the week. (You will if you have Prime shipping.)

Wtf. >: Pfffffffffffffft. Then maybe it's only for US residents. Oh well. Is there a way to determine whether or not my laptop is permanently dead? Do I still have a chance of reviving it somehow?
Asus G74SX-DH72 [203]

• 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Intel 520 SSD - 180GB

AdelaisAer wrote:
Is there a way to determine whether or not my laptop is permanently dead? Do I still have a chance of reviving it somehow?
It sounds to me like it's bricked....failed BIOS update. Unfortunately, here is no DIY fix for that. 😞

PS: I just realized.....I have Amazon Prime shipping service....maybe that makes a difference with the return shipping options. I'm not sure, because I've used Prime for years and dontt remember what the regular shipping options are.