cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good bye Asus. I'll never be back.

kingsknight
Level 7
After 3 faulty G750JW's I finally requested and got a refund which I have put towards a MSI GT70 with a GTX870M. My first G750jw screen completely died, my 2nd laptop was DOA and my 3rd the GPU just randomly stopped being detected windows (dead gtx765m??)

I was truly shocked that in 2014 a laptop which cost so much money completely was unstable. My first laptop's speakers kept randomly cutting out and I tired loads of things to stop them doing it.

Good bye and good luck to the remaining ROG customers.

Laters Asus
28 REPLIES 28

darkage
Level 11
one more and i am in love with you chrs

darkage wrote:
one more and i am in love with you chrs

Well Thank You for saying so. You have warmed this big guy's heart and made my day, dare I say the week. .c.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.... I'll admit I'm jealous of the rainbow keyboard.

QC_Desired
Level 7
...I'm not jealous of the rainbow keyboard.

Changing the color would be nice though. 🙂

Ok I was wrong about the GTX870M's drivers being buggy. It seems like it's the game not the hardware/software of the laptop.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1973216/bf4-huge-frame-drops-gtx-770.html

I gave up playing it on my G750 because it would randomly crash without warning.

kingsknight
Level 7
Well A week in on the MSI and I'm LOVING it. The screen doesn't have them lines going across it and the speakers never ever cut out. All 3 G750JWs i had, had them problems. The build is amazing and OMG the GTX870M is a beast! The GTX765M seemed so under powered for what it was and I always felt let down by it slightly.

The keyboard is a million times nicer as well. I took off windows 8.1 because I couldn't stand it!!! Don't get me wrong the GT70 is far from perfect as the GTX870M drivers are not fully supported by Nvidia yet so I'v had a few slight bugs with them in some games like BF4 where the frame rate would randomly drop to 20ish for a few seconds then rebound.

A few of you warned me about cooling being a problem. Well with the large turbo fan built into the unit and my coolermaster cooling board the system hasn't hit above 70c underload for a number of hours now.

All in all IMO Asus really needs to look at improving their customer service and making their customers feel like they give a **** a about them. I found you guys a lot more helpful and nice than Asus themselves.

KoolASUS
Level 7
yeah, the lines on the screen issue is scandalous. can't trust Asus anymore.

personally, I'll go for Alienware next time. ( & looks like they already get a 8 GB 880M ?)

plus, they still offer win SEVEN !

KoolASUS wrote:
yeah, the lines on the screen issue is scandalous. can't trust Asus anymore.

personally, I'll go for Alienware next time. ( & looks like they already get a 8 GB 880M ?)

plus, they still offer win SEVEN !

I haven't heard of an 8 GB GTX 880M coming out. Anyway, I'm really pleased with my G75VX and I'm gonna get a new ROG gaming laptop this year once Nvidia launches the 880M Maxwell card. I remain a ROG fan :).

My 8 month old MB maxi extreme VI suddenly died and Asus Denmark won't have anything to do with it. Warranty LOL u can go to he'll not our problem

So never again Asus - Next step Consumers Ombudsmen

Edit by cl-Albert: Sent you a PM Kim Kaos, so let me know if you didn't see it. Thanks.
Asus Rog Strix z370-e Gaming - Asus STRIX RTX 2080 OC - i7 8700K 3.7Ghz - Asus PG279Q - Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - Corsair Graphite 780T - ENERMAX Platimax EPM1350EWT 1350W - Corsair Hydro Series H115i Pro RGB CPU Cooler - Corsair Vengeance K70