cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL771JM Keyboard Backlighting

911jason
Level 7
Is there any way to make the keyboard backlight come on at boot instead of after logon? It's hard to logon in a dark room without it.

Also, is there any way to tweak the backlight to stay on all the time and never timeout?
7 REPLIES 7

Dinooz
Level 7
Jason,
I have a 751 so not sure if this will work with yours, it annoyed me as well the keyboard timing out and not on at boot. I know with my 750 jx the problem arose with an AKT driver update, I went back to the old driver and no problems. With the 751 I uninstalled the ATK package driver and the keyboard doesn't timeout and comes on when the ROG logo comes on at boot.

911jason
Level 7
Are the older drivers available somewhere? I've only had the computer for a week and I don't think the driver has updated in that time.

Questions to all,
for what do I need the ATK drivers?

b-earl
Level 7
Dinooz
Do I understand you right that you on your 751 have no AKT drivers at all installed?

Dinooz
Level 7
Yes I uninstalled the atk package and keyboard doesn't timeout and comes on at boot,all I can work out it does is allow you to use specific asus function keys like dimming the keyboard and I don't miss not having it. You can try and disable it in device manager I guess, I just uninstalled it,you can always reinstall it if you need the dimming function.

b-earl
Level 7
Hi Dinooz,

I will uninstall the ATK when I get home, will get back to how it works on my G771.

b-earl
Level 7
Seems that ATK drivers are needed for the USB carger plus. Does anyone know which Version of the Drivers could work(what drivernumber)