cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game hack detected?

Aliasmk
Level 7
Hi there. I recently bought a G75VW. Two words, Love it! However I came across a small problem a while ago. Two different games, one was Homeworld: Cataclysm, and I cannot remember the other one.. but anyway, both games reported they detected a game hack. I have not installed any hacking software onto my laptop. Does anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it, or can anyone recommend software that will detect and give me details on the hack? Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Skull6
Level 10
"It's not detectable until we know what to look for." 😉
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Skull6
Level 10
@Zygo Nuthin but luvs, man. Just trying to help. 😉

I suffered the same issues some time ago, discovering that the game manufacturer thought it prudent to create basically a "legal" rootkit to keep hackers of their game at bay. Immediately after discovering this, I determined that I didn't want to play those games anymore.

@Aliasmk you stated that the games reported that a hack was detected? Is this indeed the case, or was it your anti-virus package that made the detections? Both could be the result of some sort of conflict, but having a game state that it's detected a hack is unusual at best. That would mean that the game has some sort of scanning capability, which could really play heck with your system if you're also using a separate real-time anti-virus scanner package.
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Skull6 wrote:
@Zygo Nuthin but luvs, man. Just trying to help. 😉

I suffered the same issues some time ago, discovering that the game manufacturer thought it prudent to create basically a "legal" rootkit to keep hackers of their game at bay. Immediately after discovering this, I determined that I didn't want to play those games anymore.

No worries man! 🙂 I would have to agree with you. Installing those kinds of cheat-detectors are as bad as Windows Genuine Advantage! 😞 If the company has an on-line game and bans people on a case-by-case basis after they are conclusively cheating - from the perspective of the server, without the use of spyware - then I endorse their move. Otherwise, it stinks of mistrust.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23