cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GA502DU] Performance issue

GrowNarkow
Level 7
Hi every one,

I've recently bought a GA502D. The commercial denomination was GA532DU-AL005, I've bought it from a french reseller.
I've registered my product on ASUS website and the driver page is the following : https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GA502DU/HelpDesk_Download/, it seems right because when I run a dxdiag command the system tell me my product is a Zephyrus GU502DU_GA502DU.

(sorry the screenshot is in French)

From this I've updated the BIOS to the latest version GU502DU.207 (it originally came with the 205 version) and all the lastest drivers but i still have two issue.
- While gaming, from time to time I experienced some huge performances drop, gpu-z show me that the CPU reach 92°C and the computer seems flanged even after it cools down back to ~50°C I struggle to even open a webpage or anything, only a reboot allow me to have a stable system.
I've tested games such as Apex Legend, CS:GO and BF5. I've also run a 3DMark benchmark (the demo version) and sometimes it scores right and sometimes it seems to get the laptop on its knees 😄
- I've installed Armoury Crate from Windows store but I'm not able to tune anything and the turbo mode button or the fan fan button (F5) have no effect.

Let me precise that the product came without OS, some I've installed a W10 x64 Home Edition version (with a legal license of course 🙂 ). I really starting to wonder if there is a starting point here. Based on this review, this laptop should not do that https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G-GA502DU-Ryzen-7-3750H-GTX-1660-Ti-Max-Q-Laptop-Rev...

I've of course called Asus support but so far they've been ineffective and I've thought the community will be much helping in this situation 🙂

Any idea to help me solve this ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
gtx1660Ti Max-Q Design, did you finally fix that display issue you had?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
gtx1660Ti Max-Q Design, did you finally fix that display issue you had?

Lol, I've seen this other guy issue but this not the same person here 😮

I've also tried to contact him by PM but no answer so far

I think you are running out of memory. 8GB is not enough. Run Task Manager when you get that slowdown again and see what application is hogging the memory.

Tom's Hardware states the following:

"I was surprised to see only a single SODIMM slot with an 8GB stick of RAM. The other 8GB is soldered down, so you can only hit a max of 24GB and without matching sticks."
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I think you are running out of memory. 8GB is not enough. Run Task Manager when you get that slowdown again and see what application is hogging the memory.

Tom's Hardware states the following:

"I was surprised to see only a single SODIMM slot with an 8GB stick of RAM. The other 8GB is soldered down, so you can only hit a max of 24GB and without matching sticks."

I posted a thread a few weeks ago about this. My laptop is the 16GB version and it has poor performance. Im now returning it having tried every combination of drivers. All games tried just stutter every 10 secs. Its unplayable.

I made a video for the retailer to see the issue. this is battlefield 1 which was only running on medium, you;ll see its unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMoaGHA54Co&feature=youtu.be

please help me this frame rate drops and cpu going down to 400mhz clock speed. please help me. its really annoying. please help me asus or any one please...

raju2529
Level 7
e systemrestore points . uninstall the rarely used applicatiosns . make sure c drive must free atleast 50% of total space by c drive..

move all user downloaded files to E or F drive .

use below commands

Sfc.exe /Scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

with using internet

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:D:\Sources\Install.wim:1
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

This is often overlooked: After installing the latest BIOS firmware, install the ASUS Chipset from their website. That took care of my laptop performance problems and stabilized my RAM usage.