cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JM Fresh windows 8.1 PRO install, all games freez and make unspeakable sounds!

ArtemisWTF
Level 9
Hello everyone, my problem started when 7 days to die started freezing and making some cracking altered sounds... I installed gta 5, I play lol dota 2 etc... all games seem to work, but 10-15 minutes into gameplay the games start freezing and bla bla. so a few days ago I made a windows clean Install (8.1 pro) the games still wont work, I selected my dedicated GPU I installed multiple driver versions (clean instalation, 355.98, latest and a lot others) I run my games with power cord plugged in, I seem to do everything corectly and nothings seems to work. If u had this problem or know a fix please for the love of God enlighten me! thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

ArtemisWTF
Level 9
Bump - anyone with any suggestions at all?

I also have problems with my G771jw , freezes during gameplay, fps drops. I had expectations from Asus...especially when you pay a lot of money on a notebook...

Me too 1000 Euros is not cheap, I can't even a play Minecraft, after 2 minutes of gameplay when I destroy a block it disappears only after 2 secounds it's like lag and freez and everything, works fine in desktop, task manager says cpu 20% HDD 1% ram 50%...

I don't understand this forum..... there is a lot of help around WINDOWS problems and problems which are far more important and hard to resolve are not even seen, Nvidia forums has the same problem, I am now talking to costumer care at Nvidia, will post a fix if one is given...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Sorry to hear of your problems. You must keep in mind that this is more of a self help forum with other users sharing what they have learned with eachother. Pretty much everyone uses Windows in one form or another, not everyone has a G771JM. Your original post is only 6 hours old, give it some time for others to log on and see it.

I dont have your machine but the first thing that pops into my head is heat when it doesn't happen until you start exercising it a bit. Have you checked your cooling fans and heatsinks for operation and cleanliness and looked at what your the temps are doing in your system? Just one thing to eliminate.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

temp is pretty high, 80-85 in HWMonitor and other software, fans run 100%...

JustinThyme
Level 13
That's getting a bit on the warm side. I don't know how old your machine is or the environment bit first thing I would check is to make sure heats sinks and air inlets are clear and not clogged.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

My G771JW is 2 months old,it was new and i paid 1350 euros.I noticed the freezes and stuttering in games since the first day but i said maybe there is a fix. Now i tried everything but nothing works. Should i get my notebook to asus service or what ?
I am really disappointed with this product. How Asus could release expensive faulty notebooks ?

Yes you should, my g771 worked fine for almost a year,
BTW I FOUND A FIX:
My fix was to make a cooler for my notebook myself (the problem was high temperature) I made a stand out of some plastic, 2 PC coolers one is big right in the middle of my laptop and the othe rone SUCKS the hot air out of my VENTS the big one pushes cold air on my laptops bottom, this worked 1h+ in The Forest and no freez, you should try it too its 10-20 euros. replay with your try