cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX; Wake from sleep, speaker static

Yakov
Level 7
After waking from sleep mode my G75VX-BHi7N11 speaker will crackle with static for a second.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a known solution?

Update: As Mike_Lu@ASUS suggested, installing the latest audio driver solved the issue.
Update 2: Disregard previous update. Issues are still persistent.
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07
14 REPLIES 14

Pitcher1
Level 9
please install new audio driver (V6.0.1.6818 ) from asus website.

I updated audio drivers and still have encountered speaker static upon wake.
Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. 0x07

TokoDude
Level 10
I have it only when i have headphones on

i have ASUS G75VW

But on my old laptop Sony Vaio it's the same problem so i think it was normal.
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

TokoDude wrote:
I have it only when i have headphones on

i have ASUS G75VW

But on my old laptop Sony Vaio it's the same problem so i think it was normal.

This. (if you have headphones in the jack anyway)

It happens with my old Lenovo Y560p and my G55 when it wakes up with headphones in the Jack.

I'm referring to the built-in speaker.

TLAVY
Level 7
Yep my VX did the same thing also. I installed latest driver from ASUS site trying to fix an issue with iTunes crashing my Computer while playing music, fixed the static sound but not sure I want to even try the iTunes again, locked my computer right up and windows 8 had to enter disc check repair upon restart which took about 45 mins to run!.....:( Anybody have the issue with iTunes? I removed and reinstalled it 2 times same thing.

I've just started to encounter this issue, I'll be diagnosing this in hopes to find a solution.
I use to say ASUS like AZEUS because I thought their products were the Gods of electronics...

Have you found a solution to this problem? I recently got the g75vx and everytime i wake from sleep my speakers make a loud static noise for 1-2 seconds. I have the latest audio drivers.

Konstantin77
Level 7
I have the same problem. does anyone know what this is about? It might be that I have firefox almost always opened, and there maybe a video inside firefox that creates the problem?? I can also hear sometimes something like modem noise or fax at the background. do you know anything about that?? I may open a new thread for that.