cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX now listed on BestBuy.com website - Stock should be arriving in stores shortly.

madnj
Level 9
All,
I'm probably going to pull the trigger on a G75VX to add to my current G75 (wife needs a laptop). Here's the issue... The spec sheet for the BestBuy model is showing the Graphics as GTX670M not GTX670MX.

Can someone help confirm that this is getting the MX graphics? I can see no reason why they'd be selling an old architecture 670m in their new VX model unless it's just ASUS trying to get rid of supply.

I was really looking forward to the potential of the 670MX, but the spec sheet doesn't show. Is this a typo?

Specs: Details: Description:
Warranty Terms - Parts 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labor 1 year limited
Height 2 inches
Width 16.3 inches
Depth 12.6 inches
Weight 9.2 pounds
Processor Brand Intel®
Processor Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i7 (Also known as the CPU). The part of the computer that interprets and executes instructions. Think of it as the brain of the computer.
Processor Speed 2.4GHz How fast a computer processor carries out instructions. In general, faster is better, but processor speeds across brands may not be equivalent (i.e., a 3.0GHz AMD processor may not be the same speed as a 3.0GHz Intel processor).
Display Type High-definition widescreen LED-backlit TFT-LCD (1920 x 1080) Technology used to display text and images on the screen. Computer monitors are available in 2 types: CRT (traditional tube displays) and LCD (flat-panel liquid crystal displays). Notebook computers, PDAs, mobile DVD players and other devices use LCD screens.
Screen Size (Measured Diagonally) 17.3" Size of the screen, in inches, measured diagonally from corner to corner.
Cache Memory 6MB on die Level 3 A small segment of memory that stores frequently used information for fast access by the processor, improving response time.
System Memory (RAM) 8GB The memory a computer uses to run its operating system, applications and active data files. Greater amounts of RAM improve speed and enable more applications to run at once.
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 16GB Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3
Computer Hard Drive Size 1TB Capacity for storing programs, photos, video, music and other electronic information. Hard drive capacities range from a few gigabytes to several hundred.
Optical Drive DVD±RW/CD-RW
Optical Drive Speeds Drive speeds not specified Fastest speeds at which the drive can write, rewrite and read data.
Direct-Disc Labeling No
Digital Media Reader or Slots Yes, digital media card reader
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M Type of graphics (video) adapter (usually built into the motherboard), identified by manufacturer and model.
TV Tuner No Enables reception of TV programs.
MPEG Yes A group of digital video formats created by the Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG) to compress high-quality video into file sizes small enough to be transmitted over the Internet.
Built-in Webcam Yes
Modem None Device that allows a computer to send and receive information over telephone or cable lines.
Networking Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) Ability to connect to other devices on a network using Ethernet, Wi-Fi (wireless; 802.11), Bluetooth, etc.
Wireless Networking Wireless-AC
Bluetooth-Enabled No
S-Video Outputs None Connections that deliver separate color and black-and-white video signals through a single cable. S-video connections provide better picture quality than RF and composite video connections but not as good as component video, DVI and HDMI connections.
Speakers Internal
PCMCIA Slots None Slots in notebook computers that accept credit-card-size upgrade cards. Type I is used mostly for memory, Type II for modem, fax and network cards, and Type III for hard drives.
USB 2.0 Ports 4 USB 3.0 Ports that allow high-speed (up to 480 Mbps) data transfer between compatible devices.
IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports None (Also known as FireWire, Apple Computer's trademarked name for IEEE 1394.) High-speed connection that supports data transfer rates of up to 400 Mbps or 800 Mbps (depending on port version).
Parallel Ports None Older and relatively slower interface most commonly used to connect a PC to a printer.
Game Ports None Jacks for connecting video game controllers.
Laptop Weight Standard (more than 5.5 lbs.)
Battery Life Not available
Pointing Device Wide-type touchpad
HDMI Output Yes
Blu-ray Player No
Operating System Platform Windows
Operating System Bit Version 64-bit The terms "32-bit" and "64-bit" refer to the way a computer's processor (CPU) handles information. A 64-bit operating system handles large amounts of system memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system.

Most software programs designed for a 32-bit operating system will work on the 64-bit version, with the exception of many antivirus programs. However, if a program is designed for a 64-bit operating system, it is not backwards-compatible with a 32-bit version.

Device drivers designed for a 32-bit system will not work on computers running a 64-bit operating system. Similarly, drivers designed for a 64-bit system will not work with a 32-bit version.
Included Software Adobe Reader and more
ENERGY STAR Certified No
Best Buy PC App No
Graphics Chip NVIDIA
Backlit Keyboard Yes
Drive Capacity 1TB
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M
UPC 886227289417
33 REPLIES 33

HulkSmash wrote:
It's not the first time they list the vx...they did it like 3 months ago, and removed it, for the same price as well. They wouldn't sell a vx at pretty much the same price of the BBK5....they will remove it soon most likely

it's also possible that they (msft and best buy) are holding the release until their current stock of G75VW sells out. In that case ASUS would have no idea when the product will be available for consumer purchase
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Tomislav
Level 11
well I have an vx but I'm in Europe so suck it Americans ( just kidding ). All vx's have the mx card...When I bought mine, 670m was listed on the website , but when I called they checked and told me it was mx. Also I think that all vx's have thunderbolt, but not the ac wireless ( mine doesn't)... as for other issues: sound is fine for me ( no headphones/sub woofer interference)... the most expensive model comes with ssd, 16 gb of ram, 3D display,blue ray player and ac wireless. But this is on European market, so I'm not sure if they will be shipping the same models to USA.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

I went to Best Buy and Microsoft Store websites. No one in the US has the G75VX yet. Have contacted a few vendors and they all say they are still waiting for thr G75VX to be released...Why does everyone else have it?

Williamtell wrote:
I went to Best Buy and Microsoft Store websites. No one in the US has the G75VX yet. Have contacted a few vendors and they all say they are still waiting for thr G75VX to be released...Why does everyone else have it?

Amazon is already selling the VX with 670MX.
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Sinless wrote:
Amazon is already selling the VX with 670MX.

Yep and it's got the Best Buy SKU codes.

Funny, Amazon get's Best Buy's units before Best Buy get's its own, lol.
USA ASUS Reseller

G75VX-BHI7N09 is this a equipped version thunderbolt version?

Thanks Sinless. I didn't buy from Amazon since I wanted more options. Special ordered from www.HIDevolution.com as they have them in stock. They're getting conflicting information if it has Thunderbolt so the one I ordered may or may not have it. It's still gonna be sweet regardless.

Williamtell
Level 7
FYI. HIDevolution had it advertised on Amazon. Spoke with Ted. Should have it modified and sent in 3-5 days. Here's what I ordered;

Asus G75VX-BHI7N09 i7 3GB NVIDIA GTX 670MX 17.3"Processor3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3840QM 2.8GHz (8MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
IC Diamond on CPU + GPU - INSTALLED BY HIDevolution
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 8 Pro, 64bit, English
Recovery Disks (returns system back to factory state)
Video CardNVIDIA 3GB GTX 670MX
GDDR5LCD Panel17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Antiglare 72% NTSC Color Gamut (AUO B173HW01 V.5)
Display Guarantee1 Year Zero Defective Pixel Guarantee (perfect panel guarantee)
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
Hard DriveSamsung 840 Pro Series SATA3 6Gb/s 512GB SSD
2nd Hard Drive Bay750GB 7200RPM HDD
Internal Optical/3rd HDD BayDual Layer Blu-ray Burner (BR-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
Wireless CardsKiller™ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO for Gaming & Video (with 3rd antenna install)
No Bluetooth capability
Warranty and Service2 Year HIDevolution Global Warranty with LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support
Bundled AccessoriesInclude Asus ROG Backpack by Targus + Asus GX800 ROG Mouse

Williamtell wrote:
FYI. HIDevolution had it advertised on Amazon. Spoke with Ted. Should have it modified and sent in 3-5 days. Here's what I ordered;

Asus G75VX-BHI7N09 i7 3GB NVIDIA GTX 670MX 17.3"Processor3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3840QM 2.8GHz (8MB Cache, up to 3.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
IC Diamond on CPU + GPU - INSTALLED BY HIDevolution
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 8 Pro, 64bit, English
Recovery Disks (returns system back to factory state)
Video CardNVIDIA 3GB GTX 670MX
GDDR5LCD Panel17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Antiglare 72% NTSC Color Gamut (AUO B173HW01 V.5)
Display Guarantee1 Year Zero Defective Pixel Guarantee (perfect panel guarantee)
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4DIMMS)
Hard DriveSamsung 840 Pro Series SATA3 6Gb/s 512GB SSD
2nd Hard Drive Bay750GB 7200RPM HDD
Internal Optical/3rd HDD BayDual Layer Blu-ray Burner (BR-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
Wireless CardsKiller™ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO for Gaming & Video (with 3rd antenna install)
No Bluetooth capability
Warranty and Service2 Year HIDevolution Global Warranty with LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support
Bundled AccessoriesInclude Asus ROG Backpack by Targus + Asus GX800 ROG Mouse

As long as you are purchasing it in the US, have fun 😄
USA ASUS Reseller

Yes. They're in California. Thanks