cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vx bios problem.....

polsemedbrod
Level 7
I can not get into bios on my G75VX......
I try to f2 but boots just Windows 8 ( fast boot and UEFI )
by resetting the bios (battery out wait 2 min, boot with ctrl home bios reset)
then i come into the bios BUT only once, turn off laptop / starts again (efter 2min) no response when I click on f2 (or any other "shortcut keys Esc, f8 or any)
this has nothing to do with bios version cos I have tried to update from 201 to ,203 204, 206 after every update I can get in bios once and then the same problem ....
have tried to choose default settings in the bios and save and exit. unfortunately same thing...
any ideas?
kind regards
Kenn
16 REPLIES 16

AAlpha
Level 7
You are wrong. I purchase the Asus G75VX from Best Buy and the Asus G75VX was not the first brand of computer I purchased that was configured that way. I first purchased a Samsung Chronos i7 64bit windows 8 notebook and took it back and paid more money to purchase the first Asus G75VX i7 windows 8 notebook and took it back and exchanged it for another Asus G75VX i7 64bit windows 8 notebook. That is a total of 3 new out of the box notebooks with the configuration. On top of that I went to Fyr's and purchased Windows 7 Home Premium 32 and 64bit and it installed the same way. I have the .reg files from win 8 and win7 and they confirm the configuration. Here is a link to the files. http://1drv.ms/1jj148G Copy and past the link in to a browser.

OK excuse me then if I am in error, I am not a network pro, and none of my computers came set up for any network I have always had to set them up for my own LAN network. my router is set up for my WAN I guess I'm not understanding your problem hopefully a network pro will see your request, and help you sort this out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

AAlpha
Level 7
I think you are missing the point. A networking connect is a symptom of the problem. The Asus G75VX is a Server with the software being installed on Network Disk Volumes on a GPT Server Partition. No home user requires the configuration unless you work for a corporation or something. What is worse about it is that the Server is in User mode with people I do not know and have never met network managing my personal computer. I have been granted a user account with Administrative Privileges.
There are also a number of other server software programs installed that use Text and XML through Internet Explorer in the background.

AAlpha
Level 7
The last Asus G75VX that I have now has been to the Asus Service center 2 times and been returned with the same configuration. It is a hassle for me because I require a computer for legal work and other documents. I am currently doing all the legal work in a federal civil action and have been doing it since before 2011. So, I have to use public computers even though I spent $1350.00 for a notebook that sits beside me in a $45.00 notebook bag while I use the public computers. There is just something not right about it when I am also legally disable and covered by the American with Disability Act. My information is not secure under the circumstances.

Well I can not process this as I know that G75 VW and G75VX sold to the public have no network set up in them. It sounds to me like your getting these notebooks through a company that has all their notebooks set up the same way specifically configured for their internal network. Like I said earlier I run my own little Peer to Peer network of 5 total computers. How you are getting all these notebooks that are preconfigured as Work Stations I have no Idea?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

To Mr. Clintlgm. I just wanted to say that your knowledge has really helped a lot of people and when you direct towards these learning lessons such as understanding what the UEFI is and it's role in the see process.. You can only point us in the right direction and hope that we grasp all the info and apply it as problem solving lesions steps, or protocol.. I for one have been reading a lot of your post all night and am so much more knowledgable of my ROG G75VX than I was yesterday.. Last night I came to this forum not knowing where to navigate at first until I started and solutions to these implicated problems... I posted a problem and no one seemed to be able or willing to comment and who knows if I even posted it the right way but as of right now I feel confident in knowing that I now have a solution to my own problem because your direction to understanding or willing to understand for myself.. I still have some compatible questions fort issue, I just hope some one will throw me a bone and make sure that I have the problem solving answer... Thank you again sir... Ps , how ironic that you showed the same Mini Tool that put me in this situation, I think I just formatted my partition files wrong then restarted.. That's why I've been stuck in Aptio Setup Utility page for 4 days now....

numanuk
Level 7
LOL, unscrew bottom, remove hdd, powerup, now that its not going to be rushing to boot anything up you should be able to enter bios setup quite easily lol :).

For the last guy who can't boot windows, get a usb pen, download windows 7 or windows 8 iso, use usb boot maker software and use ur usb pen to reinstall windows. Use your product key under laptop :).

Sorry lazy today with my english
[G74SX-BBK11] 1080p i7-2670QM GTX 560M 2GB 8GB RAM 128GB SanDisk SSD BIOS 203 /w BD-PROCHOT disabled