cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - Windows 10 - Enters Sleep Mode Earlier than set

tkolarik
Level 9
I just upgraded to Windows 10 - November 11 version and my system enters sleep mode much soon than the setting say it should.

I am using my computer as if it were docked, with the lid closed and a separate monitor, keyboard and mouse. Within five minutes it sleeps when I have it set for 1-hour using either the Asus Power plans or the Windows builtin plans. I deleted the Asus power utility and it continued, then reinstalled and it continues.

Any ideas???
Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3

tkolarik
Level 9
After deleting Power4Gear again, normal function has returned to the Power Options.

Great had no idea what it was, so everything else is working good running windows 10?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

tkolarik
Level 9
UPDATE: After about a day the problem returned, it goes to sleep in exactly 2 minutes no matter what the settings even high performance when set for never sleep. When I make a change in Power Options they do not take affect until I restart. Then they work as set for a while then go back to entering sleep in 2 minutes. Seems a lot of laptop users have this same problem after checking the Windows 10 Forums.

Everything I use works fine so far.