cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW, Win 8.1 64B Num Keyboard Issue - Press #3 & THIS PC window opens up

DJWJR
Level 7
Have tried removing keyboard with Device Manager (problem with internal keyboard and an external Logitech Wireless), have reloaded ATK (repair option) multiple times all to no avail.. Don't know how far back this problem started for sure but I first noticed is about a month ago. Anyone have any other ideas (all other buttons seem to work fine).. Just keyboard mapping for the numerical #3 for the numeric keypad. The standard 3 key (above alpha keys) responds as it should..
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yea Logitech has conflicts with a lot of other programs has had that problem for years. I have been running 8.1 since they came out with .1 no issues with the keyboard nor have I seen any others with an 8.1 Keyboard issues that's not fixed with the latest version of the ATK package
Asus Support Downloads
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Downloaded and installed ATKPackage_Win81_64_VER100037 and it did no good... Problem is on the ASUS Numeric Keypad and the Logitech Keyboard Numeric Keypad. Pushing the 3/Pg Dn key on either keyboard opens the "This PC" window. Standard #/3 key on both keyboard works as they should.. Guess next step is to uninstall the Logitech and see if that helps.

HELP, ANY OTHER PATHS TO A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?? It may seem like a minor thing but it gets real irritating when working on a spreadsheet.

I understand that this is a serious issue for you. It's just we have never heard of this issue before so we have no solution It isn't logical that it would be a hardware issue. I mention that there are known issues with Logitech drivers but that doesn't quite fit your issue either. Some sort of virus perhaps or Malware? There are programs out there that allow you to customize which keys do what. So somehow something has reprogramed your key to do what it is doing. You might look in the Microsoft accessories or Ease of access perhaps something in those programs changed something? that just a wild shot in the dark
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Anybody know of any keylogger/reader program that will display the ascii being sent when a particular key is pushed? Something I can use to see what the numeric keypad 3/Pg Dn key is actually sending and compare it to what is sent when the #/3 key is pressed?

How do I upgrade this post/problem? I am still having the same trouble. It is evident on the on-screen keyboard, laptop keyboard, and Logitech keyboard. As stated I have already downloaded latest ATK package, uninstalled old/rreboot/einstalled new/reboot... did not help.

Pushing the 3/Pg Dn key on either keyboard opens the "This PC" window. Standard #/3 key on both keyboard works as they should.. Guess next step is to uninstall the Logitech and see if that helps.???
testking pmp dumps