cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - VIA AUDIO/WINDOWS 10 WORKING (Updated 01/31/16)

PudgeamusPrime
Level 9
UPDATED: 09/04/17 - Creators Update/Anniversary update fixes - Please at least update to Anniversary edition of windows 10 for these fixes to work. Thanks and Cheers.

Windows 10 Creators Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/NZIyjIPCDUY

Windows 10 Anniversary Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/VrQVdKnxL70

How to check your current version of Windows 10

Method 1: Hit the windows key and then type "winver" and press enter.

Method 2: Hit the windows key and type "cmd" and press Enter. Now type winver and press enter.

If you see “Version 1703” then the Windows 10 Creators Update is installed on your computer.

If you see “Version 1607” then the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on your computer.

Anything lower than “Version 1607” and you will need to update your Windows 10 to at least the Anniversary Update. We recommend updating to the creator's update.

Anything higher than “Version 1703” you are probably on insiders build of Windows 10. Try the Creators Update fix but we can't guarantee it will work.
375 Views
181 REPLIES 181

it didn't work for my laptop (G75VW)...
already uninstall new driver - reboot - install it again and so on for 10 times... still didn't work
must enable 2.1 channels in VDECK to change from audio to subwoofer and vice versa
is that how supposed to work for this driver?? the audio and the subwoofer didn't work together??

Atfer following the instructions for the anniversary edition I also don't have a 5.1 surround option anymore. Only the Stereo option.

Can you please provide a solution PudgeamusPrime? Rolling back is not an option anymore, since I deleted the files for that. Thanks in advance.

So, any advice? For the moment Ițm either using the headphones or a bluetooth speaker. Kind of annoying. It is hillarious that the sub woofer is basically fine, just the software sucks hard...

Sheppard wrote:
So, any advice? For the moment Ițm either using the headphones or a bluetooth speaker. Kind of annoying. It is hillarious that the sub woofer is basically fine, just the software sucks hard...


Advice for what sorry? I'm not sure what your issue is. Did you just updated to the anniversary Windows 10 edition? I have posted a walkthrough on the front page. Take a look. Ill be making a video in 2 days once my exams are done. Check back for details as well. Thanks.

Sheppard wrote:
Atfer following the instructions for the anniversary edition I also don't have a 5.1 surround option anymore. Only the Stereo option.

Can you please provide a solution PudgeamusPrime? Rolling back is not an option anymore, since I deleted the files for that. Thanks in advance.


That solution worked for me. My assumption is you don't have the right driver or it didn't remove it. Go into device manager then sound. Right click the VIA high definition audio device and go to properties. Click on the driver tab and post back the driver. version and date. Thanks. Also, Once my exams are done in 2 days, Ill be posting a video. Check back soon for that.

PudgeamusPrime wrote:
That solution worked for me. My assumption is you don't have the right driver or it didn't remove it. Go into device manager then sound. Right click the VIA high definition audio device and go to properties. Click on the driver tab and post back the driver. version and date. Thanks. Also, Once my exams are done in 2 days, Ill be posting a video. Check back soon for that.


Driver provider: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Driver date: 03.12.2015
Driver version: 6.0.11.1100

Thanks in advance for further advice.

Good luck with your exams!

Sheppard wrote:
Driver provider: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Driver date: 03.12.2015
Driver version: 6.0.11.1100

Thanks in advance for further advice.

Good luck with your exams!


That is the correct driver. I have been having issues with the Anniversary update with freezing on my G75 so getting around to making a video is a no go.

Try installing the vdeck software again. Then Reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zc397l8x3zyr2z/VIA_HD_Aud_v11_1100e_01282016.zip?dl=0

Disable the vdeck software from startup

- Open up task manager. Click on startup tab, Right click on vdeck software and disable, Then follow the walk through from step 2 of Fix 1.

Lemme know if that works.

PudgeamusPrime wrote:
That is the correct driver. I have been having issues with the Anniversary update with freezing on my G75 so getting around to making a video is a no go.

Try installing the vdeck software again. Then Reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zc397l8x3zyr2z/VIA_HD_Aud_v11_1100e_01282016.zip?dl=0

Disable the vdeck software from startup

- Open up task manager. Click on startup tab, Right click on vdeck software and disable, Then follow the walk through from step 2 of Fix 1.

Lemme know if that works.


Will try to do it tonight and let you know. Haven't checked back in a couple of days and I only saw the reply now. For some reason, I don't get e-mail notifications with the replies on this thread, even if I am subscribed. I'll be back with feedback. Thanks!

PudgeamusPrime wrote:
That is the correct driver. I have been having issues with the Anniversary update with freezing on my G75 so getting around to making a video is a no go.

Try installing the vdeck software again. Then Reboot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zc397l8x3zyr2z/VIA_HD_Aud_v11_1100e_01282016.zip?dl=0

Disable the vdeck software from startup

- Open up task manager. Click on startup tab, Right click on vdeck software and disable, Then follow the walk through from step 2 of Fix 1.

Lemme know if that works.


It worked! Many thanks!

I know it's offtopic, but do you also know how to get back my gestures on my touch pad?

Sheppard wrote:
It worked! Many thanks!

I know it's offtopic, but do you also know how to get back my gestures on my touch pad?


Unistall any synaptics software currently on the computer and reboot then install this package.

https://mega.nz/#!NAERAA7S!8chtwo9Uv9a-scKgmjoaHg3dInVCagUdl-d8j5hej1Q