cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - VIA AUDIO/WINDOWS 10 WORKING (Updated 01/31/16)

PudgeamusPrime
Level 9
UPDATED: 09/04/17 - Creators Update/Anniversary update fixes - Please at least update to Anniversary edition of windows 10 for these fixes to work. Thanks and Cheers.

Windows 10 Creators Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/NZIyjIPCDUY

Windows 10 Anniversary Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/VrQVdKnxL70

How to check your current version of Windows 10

Method 1: Hit the windows key and then type "winver" and press enter.

Method 2: Hit the windows key and type "cmd" and press Enter. Now type winver and press enter.

If you see “Version 1703” then the Windows 10 Creators Update is installed on your computer.

If you see “Version 1607” then the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on your computer.

Anything lower than “Version 1607” and you will need to update your Windows 10 to at least the Anniversary Update. We recommend updating to the creator's update.

Anything higher than “Version 1703” you are probably on insiders build of Windows 10. Try the Creators Update fix but we can't guarantee it will work.
181 REPLIES 181

i'm back baby!!! This one ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

I followed the instructions and just like geifr I uninstalled / rebooted / installed like the instructions said at least 4 times before it worked. I only kept trying because he said it took 20 times.

I also used the device manager to uninstall that way, it didn't seem to matter.

I think you need to uninstall old - reboot - install new (no change) - uninstall new - reboot - reinstall new reboot and try that a couple of times. It finally worked!

I still like my G75VW, now i feel whole again!

Thanks AMPudgeamusPrime!!! You Rock!

So after a lot of screwing around with uninstalling, reinstalling and tinkering I finally got my g75vw to use the subwoofer and actually have an audible level. However, I would have probably gotten it fixed months ago had I went through all the pages before and noticed the link on page 4 by Pudgeamus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V-DmkkMP0 which shows to go into the speakers properties in playback devices and to go to enhancements and enable and change the equalizer settings as well as the 2.1 channel and not using the vdeck at all (except for changing the redirect headphone option). I think this information should be added to the first post as this might fix everyone's problem that the fix in the first post couldn't.

Oh I'm using the canadian version of the g75vw btw

ghaldos wrote:
So after a lot of screwing around with uninstalling, reinstalling and tinkering I finally got my g75vw to use the subwoofer and actually have an audible level. However, I would have probably gotten it fixed months ago had I went through all the pages before and noticed the link on page 4 by Pudgeamus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1V-DmkkMP0 which shows to go into the speakers properties in playback devices and to go to enhancements and enable and change the equalizer settings as well as the 2.1 channel and not using the vdeck at all (except for changing the redirect headphone option). I think this information should be added to the first post as this might fix everyone's problem that the fix in the first post couldn't.

Oh I'm using the canadian version of the g75vw btw

Cool, Glad you found my video. Glad I could help.

singularity
Level 7
I got this to work. But expert mode/sound equalizer is greyed out for me. I cant change any settings.

singularity
Level 7
I got this to work. But expert mode/sound equalizer is greyed out for me. I cant change any settings.

BeeJay120
Level 7
Thank you very much PudgeamusPrime, it's comforting to hear LF sound from my bass speaker again! 😄

The Windows 10 Anniversary update broke my VIA installation again. I was running 11.10.00.31.150817 before the update without issue. Now, I get an error message that states "Your OS is 64 bits. Please use 64bits version VDeck.exe". I installed version 11.11, but it has the same issue. I don't see any option to select a 64bit installer on the VIA website. Does anyone else have an idea where to start fixing this again?

dlewbell wrote:
The Windows 10 Anniversary update broke my VIA installation again. I was running 11.10.00.31.150817 before the update without issue. Now, I get an error message that states "Your OS is 64 bits. Please use 64bits version VDeck.exe". I installed version 11.11, but it has the same issue. I don't see any option to select a 64bit installer on the VIA website. Does anyone else have an idea where to start fixing this again?

I have. I'll be making a video this week. Uninstall the vdeck software. You might have to remove it manually by removing the via folders in both program files and programfiles (x86) then reboot. Once rebooted go into device manager and then sound and right click on via sounds and click update driver. Once the driver installs reboot. After that follow my method on the front page to setup your soundcard. Then go into speaker settings and enable 2.1 and eq their. For now we will have to use windows eq until via makes a new driver. Could be months.

PudgeamusPrime wrote:
Then go into speaker settings and enable 2.1 and eq their.

I only have the option for stereo now. The surround setting is totally gone. That's what I get for thinking I could fix this with a simple uninstall and reinstall.

Edit:
Ok when I had more time I rolled back the anniversary update removed vdeck and did the update again. After enabling 2.1 everything works fine.

listerfiend wrote:
I only have the option for stereo now. The surround setting is totally gone. That's what I get for thinking I could fix this with a simple uninstall and reinstall.

Edit:
Ok when I had more time I rolled back the anniversary update removed vdeck and did the update again. After enabling 2.1 everything works fine.

Hey, Glad to here, I put a new walk-through on the front page just in case you run into issues with the new update. Cheers.

p.s please tell pillow pants I said hello 🙂