cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - VIA AUDIO/WINDOWS 10 WORKING (Updated 01/31/16)

PudgeamusPrime
Level 9
UPDATED: 09/04/17 - Creators Update/Anniversary update fixes - Please at least update to Anniversary edition of windows 10 for these fixes to work. Thanks and Cheers.

Windows 10 Creators Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/NZIyjIPCDUY

Windows 10 Anniversary Update VIA AUDIO FIX
https://youtu.be/VrQVdKnxL70

How to check your current version of Windows 10

Method 1: Hit the windows key and then type "winver" and press enter.

Method 2: Hit the windows key and type "cmd" and press Enter. Now type winver and press enter.

If you see “Version 1703” then the Windows 10 Creators Update is installed on your computer.

If you see “Version 1607” then the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on your computer.

Anything lower than “Version 1607” and you will need to update your Windows 10 to at least the Anniversary Update. We recommend updating to the creator's update.

Anything higher than “Version 1703” you are probably on insiders build of Windows 10. Try the Creators Update fix but we can't guarantee it will work.
181 REPLIES 181

That didn't work for me. No 5.1 option.
Ultimately I found something that solved the lack of automatic switching between speakers and headphone ---> install generic windows driver instead of VIA one. However bass still doesnt work and microphone went from nearly not working (volume so low Cortana doesn't hear you) to not working at all.
For now, I just reverted to Windows auto update, no subwoofer and switching between headphones and speakers manually ....

The fix is geared towards people with G75VW. I have tried it on slight variations of the laptop with some students in my program and it works. Can you tell me what model of laptop you have. If you have the Headphones in your sound properties changes are you either have the windows 10 driver or just installed the win 8 driver over top but didn't disable/enable it. I have a video tutorial up. it might be easier to follow. If your model is different it's going to be hard to help. If your model is the same you should go over the tutorial again slowly. I promise it works. I may be slow to respond as it is exam season for me but I promise I will get back to you if you need help.

Cheers

djmaro21 wrote:
There is a problem. Everything is work perfectly buy after reboot I don`t have bass on the headphones. So, still somethig is wrong. Any ideas?

Chances are it reinstalled the update again. Go back through my video tut. It shows you what settings to choose in order to stop the push.

PudgeamusPrime wrote:
Chances are it reinstalled the update again. Go back through my video tut. It shows you what settings to choose in order to stop the push.

I did it few times. Now I`m using Windows standard high definition audio driver. I don`t have subwoofer but I have bass in headphones.
I turn off auto update the drivers but "sometimes" after reboot, Windows is installing...VIA HD audio:)

I'm back to Windows 7.
Via HD audio doesn't works with any work around.
HD Panel doesn't open anymore in Windows 10. Just click and nothing.
Subwoofer works (alone without the standard speakers) if you choose Headphones periferal in control panel -> sound.
With a combination of trials a can get the sound working but the quality is inferior and sometimes the sound stops and all problems happens again.
I will wait for Via or Asus provide a solution. By the way I already activated Windows 10, my licence is definitely guaranteed.
My first post here. Sorry for bad english.

It worked with mine. Please post the model number found on the bottom of your laptop. Thanks 🙂

Figures, once you have the 1400 installed and then the via hd audio driver installs after reboot you just have to uninstall it and it will go back to the previous driver then disable and re enable it. If that is working for you though thats cool to.

bugme-not
Level 7
Maybe we should try to document experiences with different model types (and what we did), that way we can start to correlate the different things happening with models.

Alex_Jordan
Level 7
It doesn't show 5.1 option 😞

Hey Alex, check the body of your laptop for a model number.