cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Screen Problems

HONAW
Level 7
Hey,

I recently got the G75VW and it seems to have developed a screen problem.
In greys, off-whites, and black there are thin vertical lines that go through the whole screen and are at the same intervals throughout. They also show up in grey to black gradients.

Is there a solution?
13 REPLIES 13

I would love to know your solution also.

ben02
Level 9
went under the hinges and also to motherboard. hope it helps.

ben02 wrote:
went under the hinges and also to motherboard. hope it helps.

2 questions:

1. Does doing that void a warranty?

2. Can you let me know if you'd be willing to test your fix by looking at an image on your VW screen that produces the lines on mine? I shoot photos of live bands, usually indoors and thus low-light settings, which frequently produces the right shades of blacks to cause the lines to appear on my screen, even though they aren't in the photo on any other monitor (non G75VW monitors). I can post one here if that's cool? I just want to be sure before I try this out that it will fix the issue.
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

ben02
Level 9
1. dunno about the warranty. nobody would be able to tell/care, just as long as you're careful and don't damage it. (plus i guess asus would rather avoid another RMA anyway.) trust me it's pretty easy to open up if i can do it. here's the guide i used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA
2. yeah lemme see it