cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW red pixels on the screen issue

r33fd
Level 7
First of all I own an asus g75vw i7 3610qm, 12 g ram, 750 g ssh, gtx 670m with bios 210.

My problem is that sometimes I see small groups of red pixels. They appears in different programs (even in games)
and in different positions on the screen. However they disappear if I close the program in witch they appeared.
I can see red pixels right now when I'm writing this ! (look in the right side of the screenshot I've taken)

Anybody has any idea about this ?
Do you think a BIOS update can solve my problem ?

Any help would be appreciated !
15 REPLIES 15

r33fd
Level 7
I've just made a new screenshot !

cl-scott
Level 12
Unless the issue is the GPU sending corrupted data, then a software generated screenshot won't show the issue to anyone else. You'll need to use a camera to take a picture of the display, and then maybe use MS Paint or Irfanview to draw a circle or something around the pixel issues.

r33fd
Level 7
Called asus . They said that it can be a problem from the screen but if would be like this then how can the red pixels appear in screenshot (they are barely visible but I can see them because I know were to look) ?
Anyway I'm going to send the laptop back for repairs !
What are the condition for money back ?
I would like to buy the vx model.

r33fd
Level 7
So my laptop returned after they called "repairs" but the pixels are still there when I play games ! :mad:
What should I do ?

onesuperrob
Level 7
This happened with my first g75, took it back within a week and they gave me a new one. Was a dodgy graphics card in mine. Been happy as since.

For me they would appear usually after plaing a game (or anything with graphic heavyness) for about 30 secs. As soon as i closed what ever started it, it would disappear and go back normal.

r33fd
Level 7
Thanks for share.

This is exact the same case as mine, but I can't just return in because I bought it 4-5 mounts ago ! 😞