cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Pre-Installed Burning Software

Callmebobzilla
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I have a quick and probably kind of noobish question... I just recently did a clean install to Win7 Professional installing to a recently purchased SSD and everything is working wonderfully. The issue I'm having is that in doing that clean install, I lost the pre-installed burning software which shipped with the laptop. I have scoured the Asus support site, but can't find any download to reinstall the software. My laptop came with Cyberlink Power2Go installed... Is there any way to get this software reinstalled short of personally buying it? If that isn't an option could I possibly get some suggestions on a solid CD/DVD burning software package (preferably a free one). I need it to be capable of doing data, audio, video (DVD player compatible) at the very least.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

tkolarik
Level 9
Do you have a back image of you original drive, all the drivers and software had backup on the original drive.

tkolarik wrote:
Do you have a back image of you original drive, all the drivers and software had backup on the original drive.

I have my old OS drive. It's the drive I pulled to upgrade to an SSD, however that really doesn't do me too much good as I can't just copy the program folder for the pre-installed software and paste it onto the new drive. I'd be missing all the registry values for it and I don't have the experience or the time to manually copy all of the related registry keys to the new install...

tkolarik
Level 9
Somewhere on the C:\ drive is a folder named eSupport and it is in one of the sub-folders. You could put the drive in, boot, copy the file or attach a sata to usb cable if you have one.

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can download Cyberlink Power2Go for free in goodle search,

Skull6
Level 10
From the Cyberlink website:

"* System Recovery Discs created with Power2Go 8 Essential can only be used for the first 15 days after installation"

Just something to think about if you plan on using this software to make system recovery disks...
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

ozeepat
Level 7
Callmebobzilla wrote:
If that isn't an option could I possibly get some suggestions on a solid CD/DVD burning software package (preferably a free one). I need it to be capable of doing data, audio, video (DVD player compatible) at the very least.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hard to say what is 'best' DVD burning tool as there are several utilities out there.
I use AppGeeker DVD Creator, nothing special but works for me.
http://www.appgeeker.com/convert/burn-mts-to-dvd.html
Accepts just about any video format. And it's simple to use.

stevecilla
Level 7
free mts to avi converter can burn mts to dvd with a few click steps.