cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - New OS - Wifi Toggle

ReyZero
Level 7
I just got a new G75VW for work, and had to install Windows 7 Professional.
I have all my Window's updates and drivers fully installed.

However, when I go to toggle my wireless, it only disables the bluetooth, leaving the wifi on.
I only get "All On" and "All Off", which I believe my G73 had 4 toggles.
I wasn't sure which drivers to install for both, there was both Atheros & Intel drivers for the wifi/bluetooth.
Intel's auto-detect website said I have an Atheros wifi, so I went with Atheros on both.
I also have the ATK Package driver for the rest of my toggle keys.

Anyone have any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15

Cecil_2099
Level 11
It behaves the same on my system (I have Win7 home). Anyway, I think the FN+F2 key only toggles "all on" and "all off". To get WiFi or Bluetooth by itself, you have to manually click on the little graphic that pops up when you hit the FN+F2 keys.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

I'll test that out, but the main issue is that the wifi doesn't toggle at all, it stays connected the entire time.
The bluetooth drops though, so I know the function is doing something.

Anyone have their FN key toggling their WIFI?

I've installed Windows 7 (64bit) from scratch and
- ATK package
- KB Filter
- Atheros AR9281_AR9285_AR9485 9.2.0.46 WLAN drivers
- just Microsoft generic Bluetooth drivers - don't know which are the correct drivers (intel or atheros) to install

and FN + F2 doesn't work at all - it shows up WLAN on/off symbol but doesn't do anything
(WLAN still activ and Bluetooth as well).
And the WLAN indicator light on the front of the laptop is turned of from beginning - it'll just switch on and off with FN+F2 (but it doesn't change the connectivity state at all - still permanent on).

still an open issue on my side - anyone got a clue ?

Just saying that when I got the laptop I desinstalled the small running app that was showing the bluetooth and wireless icon telling to myself: bah, dosen't need this...windows allready have built-in shortcut for that....seems I was wrong!!! for me since that day "f2" windows shortcut only turn on and off the laptop wifi indicator light...dosen't kick in or kick out the real wifi connection, For me it's not that bad..I just go and manualy activate/deacivate the wifi card manualy via windows options.

for sure it works to deactivate manually but on a 2200 Euro Laptop it's quite frustrating to see such
idiotic things.
Had an G73JH before and it works out of the box by just installing the ATK stuff and the KB Filter so
that all hotkeys and lights working the way they're meant to work.

I'm still stuck with it - reinstalling the whole stuff didn't help at all.

c'mon someone must have solved this 🙂