cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW GTX 660m upgrade

Mr_Whiterain
Level 7
I finally summoned up the nerve to crack open my laptop for the first time ever, besides the back panel. I was an a mission to put new thermal paste on my cpu and gpu and I thank the Council of Cosmic Ministers I did. The GPU core had bleached the heatsink and needed thermal paste really bad, I'm glad I stopped playing the Witcher 3 when I did. @_@@

Onto the point, I had the pleasure of learning the CPU was upgradable as well as the GPU being MXM upgradable, it would be great if that were better advertised. I'm just interested in the GPU the i7 3630qm seems fine.

I'm looking at other asus mxm cards and it looks like the only one that may fit is the GTX 670m which is significantly weaker. This GTX 880m will fit the socket, but may not line up all the way with the screw sockets. I'm sure I could rig it in there, but I was interested in if anyone has any experience with this. I'm just eyeballing the G75VW and G750 motherboards, it will fit but the screws don't all line up.

There are also external GPU adapters like this EXP GDC PCI-E Adapter for hooking up a full sized GPU, has anyone done this? The PCI-E port is internal, so I would have to deal with that.
0 REPLIES 0