cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G75VW] GPU Fan Speed 100% & CPU Fan Speed 2100 RPM. Excess ?

Kyraw
Level 7
Good day everyone,

I currently facing what could be a problem with my CPU fans and fans of my GPU.

My CPU fan always runs at 2100 RPM (with a temperature of only 39 °), and my GPU fan runs continuously as 100% (43 °), all verified by the AIDA64 software, and my ears hear a strong wind.

I want to know if this is a problem or if it is adjustable.

Nothing is available in the BIOS to change it (unlike motherboards computer fixed).
Or would there be an external software can handle all this? (In any case, on the CD provided by Asus, there is nothing but a software to check for dust in the fans ...)

Thank you in advance for the answers and help that you can give me,

Sincerely,
Kyraw
6 REPLIES 6

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26240-G74SX-Fan-Always-On.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

StreetGT
Level 8
nop, it's running normal 🙂

Kyraw
Level 7
Yes, I read it but what I read is that this is all normal.

Which brings me to my next question: Is there a way to adjust the fan speed via third party software or other ?

When I run HWINFO64 he tells me, before displaying the result of sensors, a controller (Asus G75 EC) is currently in service.
If it is a software controller, there must be some means of use to our advantage or around it.

Otherwise I would resolve to use my ventilos at full speed, despite the fact that idle I don't need a GPU Fan at 100%. 🙂

Kyraw wrote:
Yes, I read it but what I read is that this is all normal.

Which brings me to my next question: Is there a way to adjust the fan speed via third party software or other ?

When I run HWINFO64 he tells me, before displaying the result of sensors, a controller (Asus G75 EC) is currently in service.
If it is a software controller, there must be some means of use to our advantage or around it.

Otherwise I would resolve to use my ventilos at full speed, despite the fact that idle I don't need a GPU Fan at 100%. 🙂

it's not running at 100% in idle ^^
This fans can run arround 4000RPM 🙂

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is unable to use utility to control fan speed, it is auto detect.

Ah okay, well I resign myself to my current speed in this case.