cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW died, Replaced motherboard, DC board, power adapter, CPU, and RAM no luck!

texklemer
Level 7
So about a month ago, my G75VW just shut off one day and I've not been able to get it back on at all. I started with replacing the power supply, then the motherboard, then the DC board(where the power supply plugs in at), next I replaced the RAM and CPU(incase they shorted out.) I'm still unable to get the computer to show a hint of life, no led's, no beeps, no fans. Nothing. I've disconnected all the other computers(usb boards, hard drives, audio board, etc) and still nothing. Any ideas what could be wrong and keeping it from showing like it's got no power at all?
3 REPLIES 3

tavdov2
Level 7
I have the same problem, my charger stoped working and when I try to use a generic charger something in the motherboard burn.

tkolarik
Level 9
Have you tested the battery or the end that plugs into the computer with a meter to see if there is voltage there.

tavdov2
Level 7
Yes, I replace the motherboard and the laptop alive again, get a new charger. Now the problem is that it doesn't charge the battery. I don't know if I have to replace the DC board too.