cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vw & nvidia gtx 680m?

jtesq
Level 7
Anyone know if or when the G5 line might come with NVIDIA's new GTX 680M card?
221 Views
39 REPLIES 39

Tomislav
Level 11
yeah. I like ASUS and my G75vx-but this was a bit too much. Also if we are talking MBO and/or GPU's ROG stuff is pretty premium.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Tomislav wrote:
yeah. I like ASUS and my G75vx-but this was a bit too much. Also if we are talking MBO and/or GPU's ROG stuff is pretty premium.


Not when it comes to notebooks unfortunately.... 660m, 560m vs 580m, 680m....

Tomislav wrote:
yeah. I like ASUS and my G75vx-but this was a bit too much. Also if we are talking MBO and/or GPU's ROG stuff is pretty premium.


Define prem. Because i see the ROG stuff as more of a gimmic.

I mean my Maximus V has a 8 phase power. My GA-Z77X-UP7 has 32. Useing them both every time i go back to the Gigabyte. Its just higher qualty and more thought put into it as a mothebord and not what the ROG has become the "OMG its a ROG get this and every 12 year old online will envy you...but we made no real advancements in it but were going to charge you $150 more then what it should cost because its ROG bro and we spent the money that would normal go into improving the product into convincing people its l33t and having it will make them a better gamers and cool.

gokica
Level 10
All I can say is that with the VX they made a great job by slapping 670MX in it. With a descent OC it gets into the 680m/7970m territory for a lot less money out of our pocket.

gokica wrote:
All I can say is that with the VX they made a great job by slapping 670MX in it. With a descent OC it gets into the 680m/7970m territory for a lot less money out of our pocket.


VX is what the G55 should of been. The G75VX should of got a GTX 675MX and the G55 the GTX 670mx

chrsplmr
Level 18
"... and having it will make them a better gamers and cool. ..." Agreed.
"... $150 more then what it should cost ..." DisAgree. It cost what it cost.

Gigabyte Laptop ??? 680 ? Was that available or the mx for that matter in
the 55's manufacturing cycle.
What does bashing and flaming ROG products on Asus's forum gain us exactly ? btw.
Pointing at one or even ten stones in The Great Wall and saying it is flawed is laughable at best.imho.c.

bignazpwns wrote:
Define prem. Because i see the ROG stuff as more of a gimmic.

I mean my Maximus V has a 8 phase power. My GA-Z77X-UP7 has 32. Useing them both every time i go back to the Gigabyte. Its just higher qualty and more thought put into it as a mothebord and not what the ROG has become the "OMG its a ROG get this and every 12 year old online will envy you...but we made no real advancements in it but were going to charge you $150 more then what it should cost because its ROG bro and we spent the money that would normal go into improving the product into convincing people its l33t and having it will make them a better gamers and cool.



This coming from someone who spent personal time overclocking/benching both the G75VW and VX models. Why even bother with them if they are so terrible products?

Reading what you said, you are labeling yourself as a little 12 year old then, who went 'OMG look at ma G's OVERCLOCKS! R'ent day l33t!!!' in his previous posts because he had to have the best OC benchmark scores with the G's. I already think you act like a 12 year old, so this kinda cements it.

The more you keep trying to convince people ROG products or history is so unsatisfactory, the more we all begin to look further into you, not ASUS. If anyone checks your posts history, they see how you started saying how good the G laptops were, the cooling, the overclocking potential, the price. Then you do a complete 180 and are now bashing ROG in general... (shakes head)

You don't strike me as an enthusiast at all, finish what you started in your older posts. Where is your 680m in the G75 pictures at, you posted a questionable screenshot of it in GPU-Z? Maybe stop with the paragraphs for once and actually post up proof of your moddings. That's what members of this forum want to see. Can you even share something with the community that doesn't look like it could be photo manipulated or questionable?

I'm not going to speak on everyones behalf, but I think you don't understand half of what you say. You are here to troll and create waves. It's not a "fanboy" thing as you call it either, it's simply the way you conduct yourself in forums. I don't care for it and neither would anyone else. This is not a place for you to keep filling up posts with this garbage. As chrsplmr mentioned, what does bashing and flaming do for us here? This isn't your first account of it either, but many and the cause of your first ban. There is proper etiquette to follow, so make the experience for others educational, not analytical.

What makes a community stronger is what each person brings to the table to make it better, expand further upon or learn from. Sharing experiences and facts where it's needed most and sometimes just sometimes, it takes a certain individual to spot a black sheep like you and call it out for all to see.



Amen

chrsplmr wrote:
"... and having it will make them a better gamers and cool. ..." Agreed.
"... $150 more then what it should cost ..." DisAgree. It cost what it cost.

Gigabyte Laptop ??? 680 ? Was that available or the mx for that matter in
the 55's manufacturing cycle.
What does bashing and flaming ROG products on Asus's forum gain us exactly ? btw.
Pointing at one or even ten stones in The Great Wall and saying it is flawed is laughable at best.imho.c.


Uh, a few stones in the Great wall? how bout pointing out that a GPU on a laptop would be a 6ft woodern fence for a quarter of the length of the great wall. Because that is what is happening to the Rog laptops, the other components are competitive, but not the GPU's. Its a lot more then a minor flaw (or a few stones). What we may get out of this is letting Asus know that we think its not acceptable as many other notebook manufacturers put the better components in. So why can't Asus?? You should be able to get the best GPU at the time, not 2 or 3 steps down. Especially if you are paying a lot of money for a top of the line laptop.

Sagi
Level 7
should be able to get the best GPU at the time, not 2 or 3 steps down. Especially if you are paying a lot of money for a top of the line laptop.


Yes, that might be true.. But MSI costs a small fortune if you want the 675MX or 680M
I ordered the 675MX and then later that night I realised that it was the wrong choice, so I cancelled it and bought a G75VX instead - I actually saved a decent amount of money 🙂 I could even afford a pretty sweet SSD on top of it + Some random stuff.

After reading, reading and reading on this forum I was convinced that ASUS would be the right choice - There is always help to get here and a lot of people with extreme knowledge!

Haven't been able to find ANY other brand with same kind of community.

Yes, you can buy Clevo, Saga and w/e.. While you're at it, why not a MEDION as well ?! :rolleyes They all have cheap products that holds the newest GPU. ASUS might now have that, but they sure as hell make them look sexy and keeping it cool 😄
The King of the north!

bignazpwns
Level 11
FYI i do it to show what people can do. I dont know maybe you did not read my review on the VW or the VX where i pointed out most stuff. Then i also do it because im on a benchmarking team and personal i love pushing these systems so far up on the charts because 9/10 people here cant pull a decant clock on them let alone beat any of the MSI's or Alienwares. And i did push a VW to a 3DMark world record for the single card of that type. I mean its sad really how easy it is to.


I mean there has really been no innovation in the G series till the 46 came around. The G75's and G55's should of been like the G46 in terms of the Alu. and what not then they also should of had GTX 670MX's in the newer 55s and GTx 675MX's in the 75s. I mean this is their flagship gaming system and when you consider that its pretty sad. I mean the flagship G75 does not have a MSATa port and i can go on and on out little things that it does not have that just pound nails in the coffin. But i did give them major props for the Thunderbolt port opening the door for EGPU's that a lot of systems do not have.


Yes i got a G75VX because people asked me about it. I wont say anything about a system till i test it out. I tested the VX out i used it, overclocked it, modded it i know it inside and out. I also know its comp. equally as well. Ask anyone who is not a fanboy who has used the system seen the inside they will tell it that it is stripped down and made pretty cheap. They did not try to shrink stuff down. Take it apart and you can see they could of made it much thinner if they just put more thought into it. Or they could of really lived upto the hype of their cooling system and extended the heatsinks into the pod. They did not. And the cooling is pretty blan when you look at the temps the Alienwars will pull why using 55w cpu's that are overclocked and 100w overclocked gpu's.


I stand by everything i say. The VX at $1250 is slightly over priced for what it lacks. I mean i can get 15inch systems with HD 7980m's cheaper. But the VX was greatly improved over the VW into getting tot he sweet spot for that price point. Bottom line the G series needs more features or the build materials need to be greatly improved. And ask anyone who used any other ROG product even the desktops. The G series is a laughing joke that they even have the ROG logo as they have nothing that makes them ROG.