cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V Laptop in bootloop after install of win 10, no bios, just a black screen

Johanneke
Level 7
Hello,

I have a strange problem after I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday evening.

I have a ASUS G75V series laptop with win 7 premium pre-installed and it was working perfect till this morning.
I noticed that I could upgrade to win10 and thought why not. So I went ahead and upgraded. The upgrade in itself went smooth and in 1 hour or so I had booted in win10.
The problems began when I was trying to reboot the laptop for the first time after the upgrade. During boot the OS said that there was a problem with one or more files and so win10 went into a boot-loop and finally went into a sort of repair state and I was able to recover the system with the recovery tool (I made a restore point before just to be sure).
Only I found out that whenever I tried to restart again it went straight into the same process of finding a faulty file, boot-looped 2 times and again in the repair state. So I restored the system again and booted into win10 (did that 3 times). By that time it was 5 o clock in the morning and so I shut down the laptop to come back the next day. (it did shut down normally)

This morning I powered on the laptop only to find it not starting at all, The lights on the front go on, I can see the HD light going on for 1 second and of again, I hear the cd-rom bay spinning up, and nothing, no bios, no windows nothing just a black screen. If I wait about 1 min. it seems to restart and doing the same thing over and over again. The lights go on, after one second the HD light goes off and that's it.

I did remove the battery and tried to start with only the power cord, same problem. I tried to start without power cord, same symptoms. I removed the HD (maybe it was faulty, which was not the case because I could enter the drive with my other pc) same problem.
I tried to boot with an USB stick, no success. It seems that the laptop is not even starting the bios. I tried to connect an external monitor to see if that was the problem, nope, no success either.

I had made a disk image with Clonezilla before I went ahead with the upgrade but I am not able to restore it because the machine will not even boot into the bios.

I am at a total loss here as I do not understand the problem, it should be working fine as it did yesterday.

Anybody has some tips for me about what I can try out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, from a lost tweaker,
Malle Eppie
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
try to fix the install here is how, u need a USB
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
to dowm load W10
if repair tool does not work it should give u error as to why it will not install
bois could be corrupt
I see u tried a W10 USB ,, that happened to one of my G751 laptops boot loop , I flashed bios while it was trying to boot somehow that worked

toronto699 wrote:
try to fix the install here is how, u need a USB
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
to dowm load W10
if repair tool does not work it should give u error as to why it will not install

Hi,
I would love to try this method, but as you can read in my post, It does not even boot into the bios, let alone in windows. All I have is a black screen, some lights on the front and nothing more.
If I remove the memory, the bios is not even beeping for an error, so I think that the problem is before post, but I am not sure.
Thanks though.

toronto699
Level 13
as I said in my post , I flashed the bios on when the laptop was trying to boot . took a few tries

toronto699 wrote:
as I said in my post , I flashed the bios on when the laptop was trying to boot . took a few tries

Can you give me a step by step explanation on how to flash a bios during boot? I have no idea on how to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

**Edit**
I searched Google for flashing the BIOS during boot while there is no boot, but as I thought there is nothing to flash if there is no post. The ASUS CTRL/HOME key combination is not working although the G75VW.BIN file is present in the root of C:
I opened up my laptop and removed everything that I could possibly remove, Video, memory, CMOS battery, HD's, etc and let it sit overnight. Gonna put it back together again in a while, but first I want to know if there are other possibilities I can try out before reassembling it again.
I read that the Win10 install/Upgrade can re-size the UEFI partition and that that could break the bios in some cases. Is there anybody here who has experience with this kind of problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

same problem here. I go to page where it gives me Bios file info but it does not update or even do anything