cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75sx - Loose video card?

hirethestache
Level 10
I've been unable to solve my issues, but I know they're video-card related. I have a g75sx (about two years old now), and it has been a beast up until late. I first noticed my issue when I went to perform some 3D functions in Photoshop CC and I noticed my performance was rather choppy. I checked into the settings and noticed that the option to use GPU acceleration was disabled, and I was not able to re-enable it. Next, I noticed that GPU acceleration(CUDA) in Premiere and After Effects were both inaccessible.

I also noticed that my screen will ever-so-occasionally turn off if I bump the front of the computer just under the trackpad.

I'm not a gamer, I use this rig purely for video editing. I am curious to see how I can test my card out, or if I need to re-seat it. Before I open up the case though, I wanted to get those-more-experienced to give me their opinions.
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Run Furmark 1080 full screen full 15 minute Stress test. your Temps should not get much over 80C
You can use Hwinfo64 to monitor and log your Load, Temp and fan speeds. This should tell you where you are with your video card.
If your Video card is loose that would indicate a complete loss of the pasting of your card. Or a bad mother board. If your temps are ok and your card is still acting up you'll probably need to document the Issue and RMA it or take to a repair station.
Also if your temps are OK you might want to back up a couple of version with the NVidia drivers. there have been issues reported using the latest drivers. I would suggest Clean install of the latest drivers listed in the Asus Support Download for your OS these drivers have been fully tested in our notebooks to work.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro