cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Stuttering

Armesis
Level 10
Ive had this laptop for a month now and the stuttering problem is really getting on my nerves, yes i have all the latest drivers and uninstalled game first, etc.
There are so many people on the web complaining about this issue which is persistent to all ROG gaming laptops, and yet NO FIX. How is asus still in business??
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
Can you be more specific as to what stuttering is?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Its a very common problem with these rog laptops, the frame rate will drop to zero and it will freeze up periodically. Some people call it micro stutter, its very bad some games and makes it unplayable.
Ive scoured the internet for a month but nobody can find a solution, the closest was to uninstall rog game first, but that didnt do anything for me. So far ive been 'living with the problem'.

Sport611
Level 7
I have a G752VT and had the same problem 2 BIOS updates ago and now on the latest BIOS. The one in the middle was fine. I am going to go back to that BIOS when I get a chance and see if that clears up the stuttering for me. Will let you know, probably not for a couple of days though.

Sport611
Level 7
Armesis,
I went from Bios 216 backward to Bios 214 (G752VT) yesterday and I have only noticed one instance where the computer "stuttered" since then. Certainly has helped me. There is a thread on here that walks you through reverting to an older bios version.

Sport611,

Thanks for that, i just updated from BIOS 208 to the latest BIOS 213, but still no change.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
It was the GDDR5 issues. Guess what, New batch of G752VY now all Shipped with 8GB GDDR5 Samsung Memory ( higher clock as well). No more elpida shxt.
selling at the same price~

So how does it feel to be ' white rats ' to asus? lol

Info from Chinese & taiwan ROG community.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
It was the GDDR5 issues. Guess what, New batch of G752VY now all Shipped with 8GB GDDR5 Samsung Memory ( higher clock as well). No more elpida shxt.

HAHA thanks for that, any link you can provide to verify this? I would happily pay to replace all the crappy RAM (at the same time upgrade it to 64gb :p)

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:

Can anybody confirm that replacing stock RAM solves stuttering?
I Cannot relay on quoted post because G752VY and all other ROG laptops does not have GDDR5 RAM, Only NVidia G-Force graphic cards have GDDR5 (Graphic Double Data Rate v5) as GDDR5 is designed for graphic cards.
So ROG_HARDCORE do you men that new ROG laptops got upgraded NVidia G-Force cards with new better memory GDDR5?

I Got G752VT-T7008T and i suffer stuttering in games. I blamed low RAM and slow HDD but when tested in game it sometime frizes for 1-2 sec with half RAM free and no HDD activity.
I found out that stuttering happens when i run some applications then close them and start game. Game started right after reboot does not stuttering, or stuttering very rare.
I'm going to test this stuttering issue on my G752VT-T7008T after upgrade to 24GB ram (soon), hope more ram will solve it, but as my 8GB is only half used when stuttering i'm not sure about this.

JustinThyme
Level 13
pa0I0 ddr5 is not referring to the RAM, only Vram. The RAM is DDR4 and no G752 has 8GB sticks in it period, all 16GB sticks.

Here we go with rumor mill again.
First off there are only a very small portion of G752VY machines with 8GB VRAM. Ive had my machine apart, I have the el cheapo G752VY that has only 4GB VRAM and guess what, they are all Samsung and mine is one of the early models. I'm not experiencing any issues in the least through all of the BIOS revisions.

Also can we please keep this on topic. I see one again the VT is being brought up in a thread labeled VY.

If you are experiencing any type of fram rate drops to zero, Im guessing this is what you are calling stuttering, check what else is running, or if you HDD is getting thrashed at the same time by AV software etc. One fine example that does this routinely is Norton AV. Biggest resource hog on the planet.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein