cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY - Fan full speed all of a sudden - no CPU usage

KlausZimmer
Level 7
0% CPU usage - why is the fan running wild on full speed without cpu usage? After restart it still does not stop. After shut down it usually is quite for some hours.
Any hint? Thanks.
Asus ROG 752VY - WIN 10
11 REPLIES 11

davemon50
Level 11
That's interesting, never seen anything at all like that on my G752VY. Have you monitored the CPU temp during any of the fan outbursts? You can see it dynamically in the Asus Gaming Center, or some other software if you have it loaded.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Have you monitored the CPU temp during any of the fan outbursts? You can see it dynamically in the Asus Gaming Center, or some other software if you have it loaded.

Like I wrote, no CPU usage.
Asus ROG 752VY - WIN 10

KlausZimmer wrote:
Like I wrote, no CPU usage.

That was not my question.

Have you monitored the temperature of the CPU (not the usage)? They are not necessarily related, if you are having this issue. If temps spike while idle then you have something else going on.
Davemon50

Ancients
Level 10
There are key commands like Fn Page Up to set the fans to maximum. There have been reports of random other keys on things like usb keyboards doing the same thing. The fix is to shut it down completely, don't restart it.

Ancients wrote:
There are key commands like Fn Page Up to set the fans to maximum. There have been reports of random other keys on things like usb keyboards doing the same thing. The fix is to shut it down completely, don't restart it.

Then how to set it back to normal ???

My G752VY experienced excessive (full) fan speed also all of a sudden.

I went into the BIOS settings (F2 at startup) and reset the BIOS to default settings. After hitting F10 fan speeds went back to normal straight away. I restarted and went into the BIOS settings again to change all my settings as they were before the reset. So putting SATA settings into RAID (I have two NVMe SD's in RAID), etc.

All back to normal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Julskey
Level 10
A program is triggering it. For my G752VT, it is this FL Studio which was triggering my fans to go full blast.

The key commands I don't suspect, because it just happens out of nothing. And it only appears once in a while. Let's say every two days. My laptop is in use 14-16 hours a day and most of the time everything runs smooth.
Today I also checked the temperature. Everything good. But then it happenend again later today. Even the shut down did not solve it. Finally the second shut down brought it back to normal.
But before I started it the second time I checked the surface temperature of the device and I found out it was quite warm at lthe lower left side of the screen, just left from the logo. Maybe that's what making it go wild. And sure enough the fan has no impact to the screen, so it won't stop the fan once started. Just guessing.
Asus ROG 752VY - WIN 10

Faberge
Level 7
I doubt that the screen has something to do with the fan speed. Cant think of any real connection about these two things, I mean they are even in diffrent parts of the case. I believe you should examine your notebook more careful next time this things occurs.

By the way, if you want to control fan spedd manually, you can use some other software, like Notebook Fan Control, for example. I use it myself with G752VY, it has a built in profile for that notebook.