cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY - Bloatware and AV

DecadenceFTW
Level 7
Hey there, I know this has sort of been discussed and I really understand that I am making myself look like a noob...but here goes.

I am leaving to go to Afghanistan very very soon. I just ordered my laptop last night (G752VY-DH72). I have heard that it comes with quite a bit of bloatware and some of that wonderful McAfee stuff that nobody wants. I've also heard things like BIOS upgrades, drivers this and that, etc etc.

My question is this: Would anyone be so kind as to put their thoughts on the things I need to make sure I have with me when I leave? Again, I get it...I could spend tons of time searching and going through the posts, but honestly I just don't have that kind of time. Once I get the laptop, I will have just enough time to get it running and then it's getting packed. Problem is, if there are things I need like drivers/BIOS etc, those will need to be downloaded here and put on a drive/cd, as I don't yet know my internet situation over there.

Again, I understand this is a question that could get me flamed...but I'm just looking for a little help so I don't deploy with a brick. Thanks.
"In the real world, some are destined to rehabilitate...what others strive only to destroy." - CD 2008

Gaming Rig:
ASUS G752VY-DH72
Core i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 RAM
GeForce GTX 980M, 4GB GDDR5
256GB PCIeG3 x4 NVMe SSD / 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Certs:
C|EH, CCNA-Security, CCNA, LPIC-1, Sec+, Net+, A+, Project+
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
There is little or no Bloatware on the G752 , if u decide to do a Clean install of W10 , be sure u copy the Esupport Folder {1.6 GB} from your G752 laptop, because when u do a clean install some software from the G752 driver page will not install the Updates if u do not have the original files that were installed when u received the laptop. here is the G752 Driver Page
http://support.asus.com.cn/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g752vy&type=1
when u receive your laptop check your driver and software version #s , if different than the updated ones on your G752 driver page update them.
I personally would not do a clean install of W10 on a G752 , I did not on my G752 and it works like a gamming machine should , I would just update the Drivers and Software from your driver page. If there is McAfee on the laptop and u do not want it use Add Remove Programs to uninstall it
I was assigned to Kandahar , Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces many years ago as a Media Rep, Keep your self safe.
I'm currently In Syria next assignment Rio

toronto699 wrote:
There is little or no Bloatware on the G752 , if u decide to do a Clean install of W10 , be sure u copy the Esupport Folder {1.6 GB} from your G752 laptop, because when u do a clean install some software from the G752 driver page will not install the Updates if u do not have the original files that were installed when u received the laptop. here is the G752 Driver Page
http://support.asus.com.cn/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g752vy&type=1
when u receive your laptop check your driver and software version #s , if different than the updated ones on your G752 driver page update them.
I personally would not do a clean install of W10 on a G752 , I did not on my G752 and it works like a gamming machine should , I would just update the Drivers and Software from your driver page. If there is McAfee on the laptop and u do not want it use Add Remove Programs to uninstall it
I was assigned to Kandahar , Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces many years ago as a Media Rep, Keep your self safe.
I'm currently In Syria next assignment Rio

Hey man, thanks for all the good info. I'll make sure to check all of those things out. Wow, you've been all over man. Pretty sure I'll be in Bag this time, but we'll see. As for Syria....mother of love, I bet that's an interesting gig. And Rio...well, now you're just showing off. LOL 😄 Nah, I kid...enjoy it man!!
"In the real world, some are destined to rehabilitate...what others strive only to destroy." - CD 2008

Gaming Rig:
ASUS G752VY-DH72
Core i7 6700HQ
32GB DDR4 RAM
GeForce GTX 980M, 4GB GDDR5
256GB PCIeG3 x4 NVMe SSD / 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Certs:
C|EH, CCNA-Security, CCNA, LPIC-1, Sec+, Net+, A+, Project+

toronto699
Level 13
To remove W10 apps u do not want or need , ive removed some W10 apps that I do not need or use , no issues at all
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3092993/windows/removing-windows-10s-default-apps-isnt-easy-but-cclea...