cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY: 2.5 hours battery life on average use?

k1ng440
Level 7
Its seems battery life is getting shorter every week. how long your battery last?

i bought this laptop about 2 month ago.
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
I've had my machine since January and have yet to run it on battery long enough to find out. About the only battery time its gets is when I'm moving from one room to another.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

k1ng440
Level 7
why you even need a laptop then?

Lot of power in a small size!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes lots of us don't even game, we just want a powerful desktop replacement. My Case is I work remotely and bring my notebook from site to site staying plugged in at each site. I have my Smart Phone for traveling or if I flew more I would have a tablet just for those times. For me the battery is use as a UPS after 4 years now It seems the battery will last more than a hour since the last time I had unplugged it due to thunder storms and forgot to plug it back in. These notebook draw a lot of power even just sitting there Idle so if your getting 2.5 to 3 hours I think that would be pretty good.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

k1ng440 wrote:
why you even need a laptop then?

I have other devices that are for extended run time with battery life at 10+ hours. I did my research before buying and knew that every high power portable on the market has a short battery run time. Its the nature of the beast. You cant expect to get 50 MPG from a car that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds either.
I bought my machine as a desktop replacement. It sits on a desk 90% of the time plugged in with a 27 inch monitor attached, lid closed and external mouse and keyboard. If I want to take it elsewhere, I can.

Batteries only have so many charge/discharge cycles. Every time you discharge it your wear level increases.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Ancients
Level 10
I have a G752VT, but I get anywhere from 1.5-3.5 hours of battery life depending on what I am doing and how bright the screen is.
Additionally, you can use something like CPUID HWMonitorto see the current state of your battery. As time goes on you will see battery wear that will decrease your laptop's battery life.
I've had this laptop for just over two months and the laptop currently has 4% battery wear. So some loss of capacity, but not too much.

Ancients wrote:
I have a G752VT, but I get anywhere from 1.5-3.5 hours of battery life depending on what I am doing and how bright the screen is.
Additionally, you can use something like CPUID HWMonitorto see the current state of your battery. As time goes on you will see battery wear that will decrease your laptop's battery life.
I've had this laptop for just over two months and the laptop currently has 4% battery wear. So some loss of capacity, but not too much.

mine is 14% 😞

warryabel
Level 7
14% is not the end...
after one year i got 25 % wear level
only 120 min left and blinking charging led (all signs for faulty battery)