cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT - Sonic Suite V2.4.13 - wrong driver version?

Slick8791
Level 7
Using a ROG G752VT laptop. I tried to install the newest version of Sonic Suite (V2.4.13 - Asus Support uploaded on Jan 10th). I uninstalled the previous version, but when installing the newer one it failed with an error that I had the wrong driver version.

I was able to reinstall the older one and it still works fine. Is anyone else having problems with their update?
16 REPLIES 16

No... The Sonic studio HDA 2.2.3601 is not compatible with the realtelk 6.0.1.8586 driver.

Incidentally, the driver store explorer tells me I have two realteck semiconductor corp: hdxasnahi.inf with 6.0.1.8586 driver and hdxrt4.inf 6.0.1.7945 driver. Even though the later I deleted it before installing the new driver.

Until a new version of Sonic Studio II comes out (nothing is sure about it), I advise you to uninstall Sonic Studio/Radar II and use Realtek HD Audio Manager to manage your sound.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Delosari wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have followed your guide but I have this issue: As soon as I install the sonic studio suite II, I loose the sound... Actually, it works for a bit after launching windows but then it stops.

The sonic studio II from your post also install the sonic radar. I can actually access sonic radar program but the sonic studio does not open.

Any advice you could give me would be most welcome.

If you uninstall Sonic Studio II v2.4.13.0 (with Sonic Radar II), the sound works again ?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Could you install FineTuningTool included with Sonic Studio II v2.4.13.0 package and install Sonic Studio II v2.4.13.0 via this official link and see if you still have no sound : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps_for_Win10/SonicSutie/Sonic_Suit_V2413.zip

If you still have no sound, until a new version of Sonic Studio/Radar II comes out (nothing is sure about it), I advise you to uninstall Sonic Studio/Radar II v2.4.13.0 and use Realtek HD Audio Manager to manage your sound.

Retired
Not applicable
I have exact the same issue. I managed to download and install Sonic Studio2 by using the old Audio-driver. After that, there is no sound at all. SS2 shows up in the tool bar, but when i try to start it to get it configuerd, it won´t start...

I had it installed once, when i bought my 752VL, but I had to reinstall everything. Without SS2, the sound of the 752 is so terrible, that I prefer to use an external system. With SS2, I had found out an EQ curve, that soundend pretty decend.

So, I hope, there´s a solution.

Remove the ASUS Sonic software from control panel/programs and features, then reinstall the original Sonic software from your eSupport Folder. Then attempt to upgrade your ASUS Sonic software.

I also find the Realtek driver software version 6.0.1.8443 from the G703CI Download Center (178.02 MB) is complete and functional found on this page:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/

Using the above instruction and the above Realtek driver software, I am to upgrade to ASUS Sonic Suite 3.6.24, ASUS Sonic Studio 3.6.42.51957, and ASUS Sonic Radar 3.6.42.51937.

All functions well and sounds pretty darn good in my G752VSK.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
I also find the Realtek driver software version 6.0.1.8443 from the G703CI Download Center (178.02 MB) is complete and functional found on this page:

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/

Using the above instruction and the above Realtek driver software, I am to upgrade to ASUS Sonic Suite 3.6.24, ASUS Sonic Studio 3.6.42.51957, and ASUS Sonic Radar 3.6.42.51937.

All functions well and sounds pretty darn good in my G752VSK.

As far as I'm concerned, I used the most recent version of the Realtek driver v6.0.1.8544 of 2018/11/08 124.68 MBytes from G703GI, not CI.

And I was indeed able to install Sonic Suite V3 which seems to work nice. It's just too bad there isn't an in-app audio track for testing on the go.