cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT-RH71 Bios stuck in "RAID" mode

Diskotek
Level 7
I'm having trouble with this as I am trying to change the boot hard drive to my Samsung SM951 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VELD92U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I know there has been some talk of this happening with other users and I was wondering if there has been any changes with this?

I can use it as a hard drive but not see it as a boot drive in the BIOS. I haven't attempted to re-install yet as I'm thinking it won't let me due to the BIOS not recognizing it.
12 REPLIES 12

Gps3dx wrote:
Can anyone with G752 care to check if during POST you can enter RAID special screen by pressing CTRL+I multiple times ?
Before you try... disabling FAST BOOT in the bios might make POST a bit longer for you to try that.
Why bother ? cuz it might hold the answer/solution for this thread name/issue.

I have a G752VT, tried the CTRL+I, no luck. It just boots to Windows. I disabled Fast Boot and tried various other things with no luck. Like everyone else, I'm stuck in RAID mode. The screen earlier in the thread showing other options such as AHCI does not apply to this machine (with 205 BIOS). The only option displayed on my machine is RAID.

StanDiego wrote:
I have a G752VT, tried the CTRL+I, no luck. It just boots to Windows.

my answer ( 2 part )
Gps3dx wrote:
well then...
To easily answer your question, one can take out his/her sleeve "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)", download from asus support site the bios 205, and run it through the app...
Then, one might reveals that this bios has in it, no other then NVMe driver.
Here is your proof:

Last but not least, that same wonderful forum dedicated to BIOS's modding, has a thread named "[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for Intel Chipset systems from 6-Series up".
Now... theoretically speaking...if your rog laptop missing NVMe, but you have all the required HW ( I still haven't figure this out ) - you can mod your BIOS to allow your laptop to work with NVMe.

To whoever is new to this... don't panic... for me 2, this tech is new news
nontheless, that guide I mentioned, looks promising - for example for the G751 🙂
now... don't get too happy about that... cuz NVMe supported SSDs are just VERY EXPENSIVE. ( E.I Samsung 950 PRO )

EDIT:
More info...
Asus official online store write about the G752VT spec that it features the "Mobile Intel CM236 Express Chipset".
If you open Intel site, and look for that chipset's features, and I quote:
"...the latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 14 with Intel® CM236Chipset now supports NVMe PCIe x4...

Gps3dx wrote:
I'm about 99% sure now... after some reading for the last few days... that the G752VT does NOT include AHCI option instead of RAID.
this is because the intel's CM236 chipset...
thus, you need to provide MS windows installation either RAID or NVMe drivers so it can see the SSD you wish to install it on.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Hello everybody!

There is a new BIOS for the G752VY out (208) which update IRST
Hopefully it fixes some issues 🙂
http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/833/0/3/6S3ctFvXVIePKB4o/45/