cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT charging slowly and won't charge past 47% ?

kingswillz
Level 9
Recently my laptop has been charging very slowly. For some reason it won't charge past 47%
I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I did leave it charging overnight a few days ago.
Do I have to somehow drain my battery, discharge, etc? I really don't know what to do.

Also, my BIOS version is 216, should I update to 303? If so, how do I do that? I normally used WinFlash, but I'm seeing all kinds of other methods now.

Edit: BIOS is now 303, still having the issue.
4 REPLIES 4

CladMaster
Level 7
Update the BIOS and the Thunderbolt firmware.

The latest BIOS fixes a few issues, one of them is the battery charge issue.

Follow the details in the first post from the thread below (these are the instructions from ASUS in the PDF file on how to flash the BIOS).

You will also find a link to the Thunderbolt firmware thread with details on how to update it.

Make sure you are running the latest Thunderbolt drivers before you flash the new Thunderbolt firmware (link also in the thread below with more details on what you need to do etc).

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93878-G752-New-BIOS-for-VL-VY-VT-XG-Station-2-support

CladMaster wrote:

Thanks, I'll try doing that.

Another thing is, if this doesn't work could it be that my charger or battery are bad?
My current capacity won't go over the 40% I mentioned above, and my battery wear level is 41.6% with 1490 charge/discharge cycles.
Also, for some reason the Charge/Discharge Rate is at 0 milliwatts. However, when I plug in my charger it actually charges the capacity for about 5 seconds.

Well, anyway, I'm hoping that's not the case and that updating the BIOS will fix it. I will make another post in this thread for an update.

kingswillz
Level 9
So, I updated to the new BIOS version, updated all my drivers and nothing. I'm still getting 0 milliwatts for my Charge/Discharge Rate.
Basically, right now my battery does not charge up to a certain point. 40% in my case, however, by plugging and unplugging constantly, I got it to 50%
The only times it does charge is if I temporarily unplug my charger for 1-2 seconds and plug it back in. Then it does charge but only for maybe 4-5 seconds.

I'm worried that if my current capacity goes down to 0% my laptop is going to have to permanently be plugged in. I'm hoping that's not the case.

Sounds like your going to need to RMA it either your battery is failing or your motherboard where the charger is, If your handy you could probably change the batteries out, not so much if its the charger.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro