cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752vt Bad battery?

tiger013
Level 7
Hello all, my battery wont charge past 65%. the Battery care app is showing my capacity is 41k/67.5k mWh. Charge rate is 0 but if I unplug the adapter and plug it back in it will charge for 5-10 sec then go back to 0 charge rate. Ive tried uninstalling the adapter and battery drivers, done a hard reset and have unplugged the batter from the inside. I assuming I have some dead cells since my capacity is on;ly 41k/67k. But it wont charge to the 41k . Thanks in advance. Forgot its a g752vt.
2 REPLIES 2

kingswillz
Level 9
Your battery is just reaching the end of its lifespan. Mine completely died at 1500 cycles at 0.0% charge.
I used to be able to get it to 100% by plugging the charger in and out repeatedly, but it drained in minutes.
The best thing you can do is increase the battery warning and critical warning at 45% or more and just never let it go down past 40%.
You could buy a replacement battery, but that gets complicated given how difficult it is to remove the battery. A computer repair store could if you can't.
I've tried a lot of things, calibrating it, draining it to give a full cycle, holding the power, etc. Nothing works. It just needs to be replaced.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello tiger013,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.