cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Disable Touchpad when USB mouse connected

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hello there.

Just got this laptop and I cannot set it to automatically disable the touchpad when I connect my USB mouse. I have to Disable the touchpad completely using Fn+F9. This is a workaround but I'd rather have it work properly.

I've reinstalled the touchpad drivers and the ATK package but nothing has solved this issue.

I have found an issue when I have my USB mouse disconnected and the touchpad enabled. If I go to the mouse settings, there is an option there called "Leave Touchpad on when a mouse is connected". When I turn this off, then the touchpad is completely disabled when the expected behaviour is that the touchpad should stay enabled.

Having it set this way should leave the touchpad enabled and then when I connect my USB mouse the touchpad should automatically disable but it does not.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance.
19 REPLIES 19

httuner
Level 9
I never knew there was such an option; Hmm I can't seem to find it_ I search touchpad / mouse settings but can't find the option your speaking of; I always thought this was normal to have to turn it off completely by yourself_

Would be a nice little feature to be able to disable it when a mouse is plugged in and enable it when mouse is unplugged.

warryabel
Level 7
it came with asus smart gesture in elan touchpad driver

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hi there.

It sounds like your mouse settings are not the same as mine if you don't see this option. I'll include screenshots to help in the translation.

When I go into the actual control panel, I don't have a touchpad tab where there are usually more options than what I currently have.

Any assistance on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The Cool Dude wrote:
Hi there.

It sounds like your mouse settings are not the same as mine if you don't see this option. I'll include screenshots to help in the translation.

When I go into the actual control panel, I don't have a touchpad tab where there are usually more options than what I currently have.

Any assistance on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

it would be cool when people more investigate hisself...error layer8 has u read what ive posted!? on win 8.1 and g751 the software called asus smart gesture!!!and now u need a screenshot..?

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
A picture tells a 1000 words. Just trying to be helpful.

I have the G752VS-XB72K with Windows 10 Pro.

My G752VS didn't come with a gesture software package installed nor does it show up in the download section of the support page for my model if that makes a difference. It seems like it is built in to the driver for the touchpad because otherwise the gestures would not work in the first place.

Also, ASUS Smart Gesture is not for my laptop according to this from ASUS as my touchpad has physical left/right buttons. http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009641/

warryabel
Level 7
lol...have physical left/right too....and now?59539

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
warryabel, are you actually trying to be helpful? Every post on this thread from you have been nothing but condescending.

warryabel
Level 7
thats your meaning...not my problem when you cant see the info
cry more pls
p.s the info was my touchpad has two physical buttons and i use smart gesture+atk package without probs!
smart gesture isnt available as download,it comes with elan touchpadblabla and there are many infos on net about smart gesture and win10,especially aniversaryupdate!

i play the game try and error and you?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
The Cool Dude wrote:

Just got this laptop and I cannot set it to automatically disable the touchpad when I connect my USB mouse. I have to Disable the touchpad completely using Fn+F9. This is a workaround but I'd rather have it work properly.

Hi The Cool Dude, and welcome to the forums.
Sorry I'm not able to confirm this on a G752VS unit first, but look for the touchpad icon in your taskbar notification area in the bottom right of the screen and double left-click on the icon if you see it.

Expect you're still using the original pre-installed Windows image, but if not, you may want to make sure the touchpad driver from the ASUS download site has been installed which should include the gesture software as you mentioned.

Hope you don't mind if I provide an unrelated link below for the picture, but post #6 has a screenshot of the touchpad icon for the G750JZ model if you're interested (I'm not sure right now if you will see it on the G752VS, but worth a try?).
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34995-Win8-Games-Minimizing-because-of-touchpad-solved&coun...