cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Crashing Issues (shuts off and restarts automatically)

Hapablap
Level 7
Hey,

I've had my g752vs for a few months now and recently I've been running into a problem with it crashing while playing some games.
I uninstalled ROG Gaming Center and that seems to have reduced the frequency of the crashes but I'm still experiencing some.

Currently I'm playing DOOM and my laptop seems to crash randomly. The computer simply shuts off and restarts automatically. I've been unable to find any logs about the crash in my event viewer.
I've set up some logs for my GPU and CPU and temperatures at the time of crashing looks like this:

Seconds GPU HD0 HD1 Temp1 Core 0 Core 1 Core 2 Core 3
82356 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 67.0 69.0 61.0 61.0
82359 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 71.0 67.0 64.0 63.0
82362 76.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 66.0 68.0 64.0 61.0
82365 0.0 36.0 32.0 70.0 69.0 62.0 64.0 60.0

For the last two crashes the GPU temp hits 0 right as it crashed (perhaps indicating that this is the piece that is failing/shutting off to avoid overheating).
Has anyone been experiencing the same?
217 REPLIES 217

Bahz
Level 13
Thanks for the additional information provided. I want to mention again that this issue "isn't" occurring for everyone hence this thread only being 6 pages. If this issue was existent on all units then you should be seeing a few hundred pages already. If you have this issue please try returning it for RMA and provide me with the S/N, RMA#, and date returned so we can collect back these units for further testing.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for the additional information provided. I want to mention again that this issue "isn't" occurring for everyone hence this thread only being 6 pages. If this issue was existent on all units then you should be seeing a few hundred pages already. If you have this issue please try returning it for RMA and provide me with the S/N, RMA#, and date returned so we can collect back these units for further testing.

It really sounds like you are downplaying it.

Sure the issue isn't happening for everyone, but it is happening for A LOT of people. 6 pages here, plus people complaining about it on other forums that I have read, not to mention the others who have not posted anywhere and have been googling the issue for months like I was.

While it isn't happening to everyone, it is a major problem none the less and something that should hinder the sales of this model, especially on a high end system like this. I know I wouldnt risk buying this model if I read this before hand. Honestly, after the keyboard problem, this problem, and the complete lack of driver and BIOS updates since LAST YEAR it really makes me question buying an ASUS for my next system.

So we all know that Overclocking can shorten the lifetime of the hardware that is overclocked, whether properly cooled or not. Why would Asus default the system to being overclocked with the ROG gaming center after every reboot? Shouldnt that be at the discretion of the user?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Bahz wrote:

I have the issue where my laptop dies to black screen instantly, then I just power it back on.. but it's rare like.. once a month, or maybe two months.

haihane
Level 13
won't you even do it just to shut them up? (they cannot use the reason that you didn't do what was told as an escape to not escalate your case?)
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
won't you even do it just to shut them up? (they cannot use the reason that you didn't do what was told as an escape to not escalate your case?)

I guess it comes down to how much your free time is worth. I won't risk my time on this laptop at this point.

Eleiyas
Level 10
I haven't read through every post in this thread, so my apologies.

To update me:

you're all getting random crashes when attempting to game on your units, either ending with a fixed-colour screen or some-such?

Are your temps looking OK?

Apart from doing a factory reset, did the ASUS reps you spoke to have any other things to say?

Yes. Temperatures are ok. Reboots occur even at 58 degrees.

Toffiewolf wrote:
Yes. Temperatures are ok. Reboots occur even at 58 degrees.

Did you try doing a factory reset?

Are your nVidia/Intel drivers fully up-to-date?

Do you have the built in Intel drivers enabled in the BIOS? Is it the same if you make them disabled?

If yes, then I would be lead to believe that it is a VGA issue, which would then in turn suggest a mainboard issue.

haihane
Level 13
i'll drop just this: it takes two hands to clap.

asus (from what i can see) did try to help. but if your time is more important than theirs...
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
i'll drop just this: it takes two hands to clap.

asus (from what i can see) did try to help. but if your time is more important than theirs...

I think they need to try a little harder.

Again two months...

I think paying for something constitutes doing your part don't you?