cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Crashing Issues (shuts off and restarts automatically)

Hapablap
Level 7
Hey,

I've had my g752vs for a few months now and recently I've been running into a problem with it crashing while playing some games.
I uninstalled ROG Gaming Center and that seems to have reduced the frequency of the crashes but I'm still experiencing some.

Currently I'm playing DOOM and my laptop seems to crash randomly. The computer simply shuts off and restarts automatically. I've been unable to find any logs about the crash in my event viewer.
I've set up some logs for my GPU and CPU and temperatures at the time of crashing looks like this:

Seconds GPU HD0 HD1 Temp1 Core 0 Core 1 Core 2 Core 3
82356 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 67.0 69.0 61.0 61.0
82359 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 71.0 67.0 64.0 63.0
82362 76.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 66.0 68.0 64.0 61.0
82365 0.0 36.0 32.0 70.0 69.0 62.0 64.0 60.0

For the last two crashes the GPU temp hits 0 right as it crashed (perhaps indicating that this is the piece that is failing/shutting off to avoid overheating).
Has anyone been experiencing the same?
217 REPLIES 217

Bahz wrote:
If you discover physical damage or missing parts, you need to report it as soon as possible. The unit needs to be returned in the same condition, if it isn't then you have every right to request for the parts to be replaced and if that's not possible then they need to replace you with a new unit. The reporting should be immediate after receiving it back and can't be days later as there may be disputes regarding when the damage may have occurred if reported later.

To whom should I report this problem?

drazac wrote:
To whom should I report this problem?

Since you're in the EU you need to report it to the retailer as you probably RMA'd it through the retailer.

fresnogamer
Level 7
So I have the G752VS-XS74K. I have the same issue. Some of it talked about here. No help from anyone, including ASUS directly.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91620-G752VS-XS74K-(Kaby-Lake-7th-Gen-Intel-Core)-Overheat...

With my GTX 970 based G752, I spent almost a year fighting with the RMA department in Milpitas California. I know the location and some of the staff by heart. As a side note, they are not ASUS but a third party RMA center. I have gotten back so many with scratches, dents, missing parts, DOA LCD and one with the wrong main board inside for a $400 cheaper laptop. So keep your eyes out for that stuff.

I had to file a BBB and FTC complaint and be transferred to the highest person they would let me talk to to finally get a replacement that works. They sent me a NEW IN BOX one. Well they sent me two and one did not work out of the box but that is a different story (very complicated). Don't settle for missing rubber screw covers. FIGHT for your hard earned money you spent on this POS.

And if you must, return it and get a Acer or MSI or ANYTHING but ROG. Don't get stuck like me. I did a RMA and they changed the main board. Now I can't return to Amazon because serial number is different.
The FresnoGamer
System: G752VS-XS74K

fresnogamer
Level 7
Here are some XTU profiles I made to help with keeping it cool. These are very basic but do help me. I also include ones that mimic the ROG Gaming Center profiles. The 29 x Low is one I use a lot to keep heat down and fans quiet.
The FresnoGamer
System: G752VS-XS74K

Luft101
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I already wrote a PM to Bahz telling him my case. Well, on Monday I was handed the laptop, but I have not changed the motherboard, in the RMA report only indicated a error in the BIOS. So they have flashed the BIOS without changing any component and restored the software.

It seems that the problem has been solved, these two days I have been playing smoothly (NBA 2k17 crash to desktop only)

I have to change some power options, update nvidia drivers and even upgrade win 10 to creator (although I'm afraid that when I do it all this is spoiled again the laptop [emoji14] )

Thank you Bahz for the inconvenience, and the others for being a great community.

I will also inform you when I update what I have to do.

sorry for my google's english. Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk

Luft101 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I already wrote a PM to Bahz telling him my case. Well, on Monday I was handed the laptop, but I have not changed the motherboard, in the RMA report only indicated a error in the BIOS. So they have flashed the BIOS without changing any component and restored the software.

It seems that the problem has been solved, these two days I have been playing smoothly (NBA 2k17 crash to desktop only)

I have to change some power options, update nvidia drivers and even upgrade win 10 to creator (although I'm afraid that when I do it all this is spoiled again the laptop [emoji14] )

Thank you Bahz for the inconvenience, and the others for being a great community.

I will also inform you when I update what I have to do.

sorry for my google's english. Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk

Great to hear that the issue is resolved for you and thanks for sharing.

Hapablap
Level 7
Happy to report that I've received my laptop back yesterday.
Unfortunately they reinstalled windows on my HDD instead of the SSD so had to redo that haha.

Haven't had much time for testing yet but I haven't experienced any crashes yet. So fingers crossed! I'll update again once I get more testing in.

is there something new about this problem? the VSK

ForgeOfGods-G75
Level 7
G752VSK , solved after replacing Main Board in the RMA. No other fix its main board deffect. Send it to rma asap. No other way.

ok I will make, what should I tell those who is the fault?
the is not always and the stress test he is without problems and the say then everything is ok