cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Crashing Issues (shuts off and restarts automatically)

Hapablap
Level 7
Hey,

I've had my g752vs for a few months now and recently I've been running into a problem with it crashing while playing some games.
I uninstalled ROG Gaming Center and that seems to have reduced the frequency of the crashes but I'm still experiencing some.

Currently I'm playing DOOM and my laptop seems to crash randomly. The computer simply shuts off and restarts automatically. I've been unable to find any logs about the crash in my event viewer.
I've set up some logs for my GPU and CPU and temperatures at the time of crashing looks like this:

Seconds GPU HD0 HD1 Temp1 Core 0 Core 1 Core 2 Core 3
82356 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 67.0 69.0 61.0 61.0
82359 77.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 71.0 67.0 64.0 63.0
82362 76.0 36.0 32.0 68.0 66.0 68.0 64.0 61.0
82365 0.0 36.0 32.0 70.0 69.0 62.0 64.0 60.0

For the last two crashes the GPU temp hits 0 right as it crashed (perhaps indicating that this is the piece that is failing/shutting off to avoid overheating).
Has anyone been experiencing the same?
217 REPLIES 217

ForgeOfGods-G752VS wrote:
2 days ago received my pc back from rma, main board was changed, 5h gameplay gta 5 in ultra with no problems, but i left some downloads over night and 2:37 at night it crashes with kernel-power , after some research in google and changed some power settings it looks stable for me.

Thanks bahz, and all others for all info provided.
Feed back i 3 month after work.

Thanks for the update and it's good to hear that the issue is now resolved for you.

Greetings,

my feedback after RMA.

I send my notebook to RMA (in Germany) and they recived it at 22.08.2017.
Inside the box was the notebook with sreenshots from the error-message and a description from the error with informations to this thread at the notebook and printed.

The reparation was finished after 1 day :confused: .

I got my notebook back at 25.08.2017.

So inside the repair-report was the info that they did not found the Problem 😞 .
But they reseted the system because there was an error (great I reseted the system before i send it to them).

So i was away from home so i could not test the system until today .

I started Supreme Commander began a fight and got the same error after 2 min.
Restart
I started Supreme Commander began a fight and got the same error after 4 min.
Restart
I started Supreme Commander began a fight and got the same error after 30 min.
Restart
😞

I think i have to send it againe to RMA.

Bahz can you help me?

I'm pretty sure I am going to have the same experience once I get my laptop back.
The only status update I received was that they tested it with DOOM and GTA V and found no problems whatsoever.
Even though it crashes 0-15mins within playing those games.

Not sure what my solution will be after that. I bought this at the end of Feb but have been battling this crashing problem ever since I started playing newer games.

Mr.VooDoo wrote:
Greetings,

my feedback after RMA.

Inside the box was the notebook with sreenshots from the error-message and a description from the error with informations to this thread at the notebook and printed.

So inside the repair-report was the info that they did not found the Problem 😞 .
But they reseted the system because there was an error (great I reseted the system before i send it to them).

Restart
Restart
Restart
😞

Bahz can you help me?

Mr.VooDoo wrote:
Greetings,

my feedback after RMA.

Restart
Restart
Restart
😞

Bahz can you help me?

I already passed the request over to our service team to have someone contact you, please let me know if you don't hear back within 2 business days.

Bahz
Level 12
It seems like most people so far who have sent it in with this problem, the test software tool shows that it fails the test. For those where the problem isn't caused by hardware, it will show as pass. So far still more people who sent in for RMA have had this issue resolved, it's unfortunate to see that unfortunately for Mr.VooDoo's case that the issue still exists.

drazac
Level 7
Greetings everyone,

Last Friday I received my notebook back from the repair center.

I immediately made two tests. One was 8 hours stress test using ASUS RealBenchmark and the other one was 27 hours Aida64 test.

Both tests passed. I am gonna do one more 24-hour stress test using Prime 95 SmallFFT CPU.

So far everything looks good, only slight nuisance is that notebook casing is slightly damaged on the bottom side. Transparent plastic doesn't seem to be set in place, also some screw-holes are missing the rubbery protection that goes at top

drazac wrote:

So far everything looks good, only slight nuisance is that notebook casing is slightly damaged on the bottom side. Transparent plastic doesn't seem to be set in place, also some screw-holes are missing the rubbery protection that goes at top

If I'm not mistaken, these are the holes for the air intake for cooling. The installed transparent plastic seems deformed, but it should be so (maybe those who have a laptop at hand will correct me).

The presence of scratches and appearance in general should be checked when received at the service center before putting a signature in the act of work performed. Now the service center can state that you yourself have scratched yourself or lost something.

v1p0FF wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, these are the holes for the air intake for cooling. The installed transparent plastic seems deformed, but it should be so (maybe those who have a laptop at hand will correct me).

The presence of scratches and appearance in general should be checked when received at the service center before putting a signature in the act of work performed. Now the service center can state that you yourself have scratched yourself or lost something.

You think I should report it or RMA it again

drazac wrote:
You think I should report it or RMA it again

I think that this will not be accepted.
At least in my service, before picking up the laptop, I looked at his appearance. There were no scratches and damage. If I ever finally get it from the service, then carefully check the look.
In your case, you can bring a laptop to the service, but inspection will show the presence of scratches, i.e. I think you will be blamed for this.

drazac wrote:
Greetings everyone,

Last Friday I received my notebook back from the repair center.

I immediately made two tests. One was 8 hours stress test using ASUS RealBenchmark and the other one was 27 hours Aida64 test.

Both tests passed. I am gonna do one more 24-hour stress test using Prime 95 SmallFFT CPU.

If you discover physical damage or missing parts, you need to report it as soon as possible. The unit needs to be returned in the same condition, if it isn't then you have every right to request for the parts to be replaced and if that's not possible then they need to replace you with a new unit. The reporting should be immediate after receiving it back and can't be days later as there may be disputes regarding when the damage may have occurred if reported later.