cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Backlight Bleed is terrible. Suggestions?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
So the glow or bleed is terrible at the hinge joins, pushing on the bezel relieves the pressure and makes it go away. Anyone yet to make a permanent solution?

Playing dark games sucks.
8 REPLIES 8

BogdanCiulei
Level 8
You can try exchanging it, but all have some amount of it, or try various methods of forcing the bezel to stay in a certain position. Search on jtube and other places

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
I'm upgrading from g751JY to g752VS this month & this seems to be the only major gripe I hear people talk about. I've read to ONLY open the lid from the center & that multiple openings from either slightly to the right or left of center eventually warp the bezel making it worse & worse... 😥

I've seen screen bezels for sale either black or silver made me think about what it takes to replace it. Perhaps a strong thin 2 sided adhesive tape inside could help?

BTW, is it random if the screen bezel is black or silver on the VS? I see pictures of both listed as the same model... I can't get a straight answer.

Weirdoutworld wrote:
I'm upgrading from g751JY to g752VS this month & this seems to be the only major gripe I hear people talk about. I've read to ONLY open the lid from the center & that multiple openings from either slightly to the right or left of center eventually warp the bezel making it worse & worse... ��

I've seen screen bezels for sale either black or silver made me think about what it takes to replace it. Perhaps a strong thin 2 sided adhesive tape inside could help?

BTW, is it random if the screen bezel is black or silver on the VS? I see pictures of both listed as the same model... I can't get a straight answer.

The VS is black. Marketers and Website Admins being lazy to update the pictures. Grey Bezel is G752 Generation 1 with the GTX 900 series. Easier to identify by the fins at the back being BLACK and not red.

Darnassus wrote:
The VS is black. Marketers and Website Admins being lazy to update the pictures. Grey Bezel is G752 Generation 1 with the GTX 900 series. Easier to identify by the fins at the back being BLACK and not red.

My fins are red and trim is copper G752 VY GTX 980, and I wish I could turn off the lights in the fins and the logo on the back of my case behind the screen. I really don't like it. one more year of warranty then I think I'll figure out how to disconnect them.
Some of the cheaper models have black fins and no red lights I thin like the VL ?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

mkz168
Level 7
You can turn the lights off in the gaming center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
I'm going to be buying a refurbished VS so hopefully the asus licenced shop won't stick me with a "bad bleeder."

iAchilles
Level 7
Darnassus wrote:
So the glow or bleed is terrible at the hinge joins, pushing on the bezel relieves the pressure and makes it go away. Anyone yet to make a permanent solution?

Playing dark games sucks.

hello my friend,
have u found any worthy solution for this !? i have a 7700hq 1070 g752vs and i do have the problem as well and it really sucks although its not much and other people didnt notice it until i point it out.

Spirery1
Level 7
They replaced my LCD on my g752vy 980m 8gb but my luck its gone again have lines now going up my screen and as its my 5th RMA have to wait for a email from compensation team maybe just maybe they will give me a laptop that works this time as it still overheats and throttles on extreme 11 months of hell tbh. If its still under warranty try and get the lcd replaced i did but the new one was worse then the old hope u get it sorted.