Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G752VS] ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool

Quincy
Level 7
Hi,

There is a new update : ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool
i've tried it, and now my keymap is bugged !

numpad 0 become C and C become 0
numpad enter don't work

Somone could help me?
236 REPLIES 236

danoffek wrote:
Hi. Just want to say a BIG thank you to xAKUMAx . I tried for days to fix it on my own, and then with another friend, and to no avail. Then xAKUMAx went online, in the middle of the night, and fixed my keyboard in a matter of minutes. Amazing.
Thanks again xAKUMAx !!

If you could post information as to what was done, it could be of great help for all of us.

So, Asus developed a fix for this firmware, but still is bricking some keyboards????

Are they kidding with us?

I have the first update, where C and 0 are messed up and, I'm afraid to test this fix as it can brick all the keyboard!

Is it so hard to get one fix that works in all cases???

Guys,
before install the new version of Keyboard Adjustment Tools (and it works for me), I verified all drivers and utils from the asus site and updated them to the last.
especially ATK Package.
maybe, this package has old version for you. So try to update it and reinstall the last version of keyboard.

So before this some days age I followed the advice from BogdanCiulei :
But first, post the info and try reinstalling these:
Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Driver from Others
Intel Management Engine Interface from Others
Intel INF Update Driver from Chipset
ATKPackage from ATK

Also try draining the battery , or Bios reset to defaults

Tried that. No change.

For reference, after attempting to update the firmware using the extracted files, I'm still getting this in the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log file:

File size : 57344KB
File FW version : NK0003000B

[Tip] : Press AUTO button to update FW.
Searching USB device......
Not found, retry 1 time(s)
Not found, retry 2 time(s)
Not found, retry 3 time(s)
Not found, retry 4 time(s)
Not found, retry 5 time(s)
[ERROR] NOT found any correct device.

The keyboard itself appears to no longer be detected by Windows in Device Manager after running ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0.

If anyone has managed to recover from this state, please post here and let us know how.

I ran the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0 and after that the laptop keyboard is totally bricked. I am now using external USB keyboard. Getting really fed up with this crap. :mad:

KentF wrote:
Tried that. No change.

For reference, after attempting to update the firmware using the extracted files, I'm still getting this in the ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log file:

The keyboard itself appears to no longer be detected by Windows in Device Manager after running ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool 1.0.2.0.

If anyone has managed to recover from this state, please post here and let us know how.

I myself have had the exact same problem. Erasing the firmware completly by running the eraser included in the zip files where the the .bin files where included posted earlier in this thread. after that, just runt the bin files untill you find the right one. fixed it for me.

Eneratos wrote:
I myself have had the exact same problem. Erasing the firmware completly by running the eraser included in the zip files where the the .bin files where included posted earlier in this thread. after that, just runt the bin files untill you find the right one. fixed it for me.

Thank you for posting this! This got me back to square 1 with the keyboard functioning like it did after the 1.0.1.0 tool was run, where C and numpad0 are swapped (etc.), but I now at least have a keyboard that works again.

Going to see if I can get it updated to how it should be now.

Eneratos wrote:

I can't find this "eraser" file.
Can you send me please?

Your post gave me hope ... I have an Asus ROG G752VT-T7022T with exactly the same symptoms that occurred in your laptops, i.e. the keyboard does not work (also in bios). In the device manager the keyboard is detected as PC / AT PS / 2 (101/102 keys). Only one key works (for nvidia), the touchpad works, the keyboard backlight does not work. So far, BogdanCiulea's solution has not worked for me.Below is the content of the file ASUS_USB_Update_Result.log

Load setting parameters from ini file......Done !

File path : E:\fw tool\NK.bin

File size : 57344KB

File FW version : NK0003000B

[Tip] : Press AUTO button to update FW.

Searching USB device......

Found device, VID/PID = 0B05/1837.

ASUS HID device initialization done !

Device FW : NK0003000B

Entering flash mode......Fail !

[Retry] Enter flash mode fail, retry 1//20 time(s).

Entering flash mode......Fail !

[Retry] Enter flash mode fail, retry 2//20 time(s).

Entering flash mode......Done !

========= Start Update Device FW ===========

Flash erasing......Done !

Flash is checking......Done !

Flash is programing......Done !

Flash is verifying......Done !

PASS !

Reset device, please wait......

What else could I do? I will be forever grateful for any help.

Does anyone have the nk file for FX553VD or a similar model? I could not completely fix my keyboard with the files that I found online.