Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G752VS] ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool

Quincy
Level 7
Hi,

There is a new update : ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool
i've tried it, and now my keymap is bugged !

numpad 0 become C and C become 0
numpad enter don't work

Somone could help me?
236 REPLIES 236

Thank you! Confirming this worked for GL502VMK (been 2 years without keyboard use).

FW_NK00010009 was the proper NK.bin file for my system. After rebooting, I reinstalled ATK package and regained all key functions + backlight keys + hot keys. Thank you very much!

So guys, I might've messed up big time.

Like everyone here, I've fallen victim to the Asus firmware update, which caused me C and Alt 0 keys to reverse. Hoping for a fix, I've tried everything previous people have done: system restore, uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, etc. Eventually, I came across a possible fix by BogdanCiule via .bat files.

This is where things could've gone horribly wrong.

First, I used the NK0003000B.bat in admin CMD, which caused my keyboard to do nothing afterwards. All keys did not register, and in doing so, made the keyboard in device manager go cloudy. As a result, I attempted to install the NKORIGINAL.bat, which did nothing, and after did all other .bat files which yielded no results.

Although when using the keyboard adjustment tool, it tells me I have the latest firmware installed.

I'm using a G752VM-RB71

Here's screens of my desktop and devices, plus the log files of my last attempt at the .bat files.

The backlight on the keyboard is still illuminated. Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: Link to the original image http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

Silvai112 wrote:
So guys, I might've messed up big time.

Like everyone here, I've fallen victim to the Asus firmware update, which caused me C and Alt 0 keys to reverse. Hoping for a fix, I've tried everything previous people have done: system restore, uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, etc. Eventually, I came across a possible fix by BogdanCiule via .bat files.

This is where things could've gone horribly wrong.

First, I used the NK0003000B.bat in admin CMD, which caused my keyboard to do nothing afterwards. All keys did not register, and in doing so, made the keyboard in device manager go cloudy. As a result, I attempted to install the NKORIGINAL.bat, which did nothing, and after did all other .bat files which yielded no results.

Although when using the keyboard adjustment tool, it tells me I have the latest firmware installed.

I'm using a G752VM-RB71

Here's screens of my desktop and devices, plus the log files of my last attempt at the .bat files.

The backlight on the keyboard is still illuminated. Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: Link to the original image http://i.imgur.com/t1KhetL.png?1

Hi add me skype : akumareal i check in teamviewer
NOPE..!

xAKUMAx wrote:
Hi add me skype : akumareal i check in teamviewer

Wow, I'm truly amazed.

xAKUMAx knows his stuff. Added via skype and teamveiwer, and he repaired my keyboard within minutes.

Whatever it was guys that he did, I'm impressed.

Thanks a ton for repairing my firmware!

Silvai112 wrote:
Wow, I'm truly amazed.

xAKUMAx knows his stuff. Added via skype and teamveiwer, and he repaired my keyboard within minutes.

Whatever it was guys that he did, I'm impressed.

Thanks a ton for repairing my firmware!

thank you very much, have a nice day with g752vs 🙂
NOPE..!

The problem is that the Asus update already bricked at least one laptop .
And they refuse to remove it !

The solution that I found, in all honesty, when used by someone untrained might further brick keyboards, because it rewrites the keyboard firmware . Anything going wrong with that and you end up with a not working laptop.
The responsibility for this should belong to Asus.

I am willing to help people over Skype too, just pm me .

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool&p=618556&viewfu...

However, I recommend you use a USB keyboard (It helps). My first flash attempt was unsuccessful and the keyboard died. However, the second attempt at the flash worked and the keyboard now seems to work fine, lights and all.

Thanks to all on the forum that have helped and supported (especially BogdanCiulei). I am pretty dissapointed with ASUS, this should have been escallated much quicker. I suspect there are many dissapointed customers, way to go ASUS.

Cheers all

FYI: according to my information Asus will come with a update this week to get this problem solved. A soon as I have more information about it I will inform you asap 🙂

I was able to get the batch file version to work on my G752VS-XB72K, but I had to do a few tricks.

The NK00060003 file worked for me. In order to get it to work, I had to extract the files to a folder directly off C:, and then run an elevated Command Prompt. From the command prompt, I navigated to the folder I extracted the files to, and ran the batch file from there.

All attempts to run the .bat file by clicking it failed with a silent error, which I could only find by viewing the log file.

FW_NK0003000B works on my G752vs-rb71 thanks so much @BogdanCiulei and @xAKUMAx . I now have to figure how to put back the light bars on as the dead battery trick didn't work for me.

Edit: I just restarted my computer after this update and the light bars are on again! Pimp my asus!