cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS (7th gen intel core) no display during driver update, gtx 1070

KwayZeeKay
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have an ASUS ROG G752VS (7th gen intel core)

I recently cleaned my laptop from inside. Windows got corrupted so then installed fresh windows 10 home (laptop came with windows 10 pro i believe).

Now after i install all required ASUS drivers (nVidia driver, etc) and try to update the gpu driver to the latest (or even previous versions, up till 440), I get black screen and loose display during the driver installation process. I just hear the 1st alert sound of driver disconnect and never hear the 2nd alert sound.

I have tried literally everything,
- complete driver clean using DDU in safe mode,
- reinstalled windows multiple times,

additional notes:
- disconnected my internal display cable from motherboard during cleanup. As the screen does not work and i wanted to be able to access boot menu.
- correct bios 304
- The gpu is working fine on this old 388 driver. I only need to update to be able to use NVENC new for OBS

Can some1 guide me with any more solutions? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

jdfrench3
Level 12
Do you have any problems noted in Device Manager?

This is my Device Manager for G752VSK (7th Gen Overclock Version):
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Do you have any problems noted in Device Manager?

This is my Device Manager for G752VSK (7th Gen Overclock Version):

No, device manage seems fine. Everything is working perfectly. Even the gpu, until i update drivers.

https://imgur.com/a/lnZd6Zr (for some reason it is showing invalid file error when trying to attach image in the forum)

The only difference i see is that i have a non-PNP monitor showing up as an additional monitor.

You should have only one PnP monitor listed in the Device Manager unless you are viewing hidden devices (View Option).

Delete both, then allow Windows to reinstall.

Are you using NVIDIA GeForce Experience to install the NVIDIA drivers?

Take a look at your monitor cable to motherboard connection. Clean motherboard contacts, adjust connection, or replace cable between monitor and motherboard.
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
You should have only one PnP monitor listed in the Device Manager unless you are viewing hidden devices (View Option).

Delete both, then allow Windows to reinstall.

Are you using NVIDIA GeForce Experience to install the NVIDIA drivers?

Take a look at your monitor cable to motherboard connection. Clean motherboard contacts, adjust connection, or replace cable between monitor and motherboard.

I have used GFE, manually downloaded drivers from nvidia. Nothing works.

No i dont have 'show hidden devices' enabled and yes i have tried to uninstall and let windows update drivers itself. But it still shows up. In nvidia control panel it was showing as 'laptop screen' i unchecked from there and only selected external monitor. I have tried using a different external monitor as well but same thing.

As i mentioned i have a laptop, so working on the mobo is not easy. Plus i just cleaned it from inside recently.

jdfrench3
Level 12
Am I missing something? I see you have disassembled the laptop. I see that you disconnected the display cable (this is the same cable I suggest you look into). Then you state your "screen" doesn't work. I question your Windows corruption, then replacing with Windows Pro with Windows Home.

What the heck?
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Am I missing something? I see you have disassembled the laptop. I see that you disconnected the display cable (this is the same cable I suggest you look into). Then you state your "screen" doesn't work. I question your Windows corruption, then replacing with Windows Pro with Windows Home.

What the heck?

ahhh i did forget to mention that i am using an external monitor which i want to use for most part because the internal screen has been ded for a while now and have been using this monitor since then without issues. You think i should reconnect the internal screen connection?

Yes somehow windows got corrupted or something and i could only get a copy of windows home for now (u think that can make a difference?)

Thanks