cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VL Left Fan not working

hexorr3
Level 7
The problem I noticed while I am gaming for about 4-5 hours, my laptop overheats on about 85C-90C. i checked the right fan, which is for the GPU *I think* is blowing air, it also just peaks to 65C-74C. Then I checked the left fan which is for the CPU, it is not working. Any solutions on this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
Have you checked the feedback and see if it is reporting any speed at all? Launch ROG game center then click the turbo arrow. If no speed is showing it sounds like the fan is shot.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Have you checked the feedback and see if it is reporting any speed at all? Launch ROG game center then click the turbo arrow. If no speed is showing it sounds like the fan is shot.

i didnt check the game center yet because i deleted it once and now i installed it but it doesnt launch. the left fan does not blow any air

ll_r1d0_ll
Level 7
hexorr3 wrote:
The problem I noticed while I am gaming for about 4-5 hours, my laptop overheats on about 85C-90C. i checked the right fan, which is for the GPU *I think* is blowing air, it also just peaks to 65C-74C. Then I checked the left fan which is for the CPU, it is not working. Any solutions on this problem?

install HWINFO to check if your fan is running or not ... it might be running at low rpm because if it is running without fan for 4-5 hours it should shut down itself

Googlegot
Level 9
The fan on the left (with the screen facing you) is the CPU cooler.

Normal operating temperature range for the Skylake Core i7 processors is 80-95 degrees C. The silicon is heat tolerant, and your cpu will not be damaged by these temperatures.

The fans in your laptop are very quiet and conservative. They will not crank up to an audible range nor will they blow tons of air until its near 100 C.

If you're worried about these temperatures, use the intel eXtreme Tuning Utility (XTU), and crank the core voltage down by ~150-175mV (whatever is stable). This should yield around a 10-15c drop in temperature.

I wouldn't suggest trying to repaste this laptop, my friend and I bought one at the same time, and he repasted his laptop and it was an absolute nightmare. The CPU temperature pegged at 100c, and we eventually determined the processor needed a .5mm copper shim installed,and the heatsink carefully bent a degree or two to allow it to sit flush with the CPU. I think we ended up having to disassemble his laptop a total of 4 times before we got it right, and even then there was only a 3-5c drop from the stock temps.