cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VL cant disable hibernate

tekno
Level 7
need a little help. I just replaced the hard drive on my G752VL with a SSD and for some reasion I cant seem to turn off the hibernate when I close the screen. the system seems to hang and Im SOL - not thing seemed to work - I ended up having to redo the windows install. I have worked on the power option but that doesnt seem to do anything.

thanks

PS whats ThunderBolt
5 REPLIES 5

tekno
Level 7
so after reading everything I can find I have set it so that when I close the lid it will shut down. its the best I can do right now.
fast boot is off in the bios
in windows its all turned off.

How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows Google is your friend
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

tekno
Level 7
HAHA I thought google loved me - but it wasn't true

I had tried what you linked but it didnt work I tried this also

Yes turning it off using CMD removes the Hiberfil.sys file. Hibernation can't happen without that system file?

Sleep now that one causes problems and you can't remove it only disable it and every time Windows updates it will activate it again. Other than that there is Hybrid Sleep which is enabled by default. This would be disabled the same place you disable sleep, control Panel/power setting/advanced settings. With the speed that windows is loading with these new SSD's Sleep and Hybrid Sleep at not needed.

Beyond these I think maybe a Clean install might need to be accomplished paying attention to all programs installed to find the one that is re enabling Hibernation. I have never had a MS Update re enable Hybrid Sleep. It happens all the time with sleep mode, I guess MS thinks everyone needs to use sleep mode. I disagree since I have always had issues with continuing after sleep mode seems they won't wake up or if they do then some hardware doesn't want to restart on its own. I just disable sleep on all my machines and have Hybrid sleep disabled, I check after every Windows Update to insure they remain turned off.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro