cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 with no G-Sync, solved?

badhand386
Level 9
I purchased a g752 on the 5th and have been unable to get g-sync to work on the laptop. According to various reviewers and press releases all variations of the g752 model were said to have gsync support. I am discovering that unfortunately some variations may not actually have it. I have the G752VT-RH71 which may not have it after all? Strange considering the g752vt product page on Asus site says it does. I have been in contact with a few other users who also have had or witnessed this issue.

UPDATE:
After exchanging the laptop with another of the exact same model, my issue is now fixed. G752VT-RH71 officially supports G-sync

UPDATE 12/18/2015:
User Squeelz1234 has found that enabling optimized defaults in bios has enabled G-sync on multiple users laptops. Attempt this first before exchanging, there may be no need to do so anymore.
86 REPLIES 86

squeelz1234 wrote:
Hey everyone,
I went through three returns of the g752vt's from amazon and each of them kept coming wihtout GSync enabled. On the third one i tried to go into the bios and used F9 to optimize defaults...THIS WORKED! I'm unsure if it will work for others but i was very disapointed when i opened my third return to see No Gsync in the nvidia control panel.

If you are having this issue i would highly recommend trying the optimize defaults!

I hope to see this confirmed.

squeelz1234 wrote:
Hey everyone,
I went through three returns of the g752vt's from amazon and each of them kept coming wihtout GSync enabled. On the third one i tried to go into the bios and used F9 to optimize defaults...THIS WORKED! I'm unsure if it will work for others but i was very disapointed when i opened my third return to see No Gsync in the nvidia control panel.

If you are having this issue i would highly recommend trying the optimize defaults!

Update: just ran the pendulum demo flawlessly with Gsync!

I can confirm what you did, now I have G-Sync enabled too!

squeelz1234 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Update: just ran the pendulum demo flawlessly with Gsync!

Wow. Nice job Squeelz. Its a shame Asus support did not know this could be such an easy fix. Hopefully they do now. 😄
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
MrRuckus wrote:
Wow. Nice job Squeelz. Its a shame Asus support did not know this could be such an easy fix. Hopefully they do now. 😄

Yes, thanks squeelz1234 for solving that and letting us know.
I always ask customers to load bios defaults after flashing the bios, but didn't think of asking customers to try this since people were not updating the bios.

We also just confirmed this solution with another G752VT unit that had the G-sync problem although we had to restart Windows before the G-sync option would show up.
Anyway, we will be passing along this suggestion and thanks for everyone's help to solve this.

If anybody is keeping score, I have it as ROG forums: 1 , ASUS support: 0 . Thanks again.

squeelz1234, you are my hero.

I have a G752VT and I just tried the fix about 10 min ago, saw G-Sync listed in the control panel, and it worked while playing a game with v-sync off.

I found out yesterday that G-Sync was not available on my laptop and was super bummed because the return with newegg would've been a 1-2 week ordeal with holidays coming in.

Thank you thank you!

Tidbits
Level 9
All their advertising points to all of them having it including the 960M models. Would be asinine to have any version of the top model not to have it when base models have it.

Tidbits wrote:
All their advertising points to all of them having it including the 960M models. Would be asinine to have any version of the top model not to have it when base models have it.

My thoughts exactly.

badhand386
Level 9
. As of today my g-sync works. All I had to do was exchange the laptop for the same exact model. Guess I received a Dud?

rma with exchange in one day? what happend behind the "scene"?

warryabel wrote:
rma with exchange in one day? what happend behind the "scene"?

I bought mine in store. So it was exchanged in store. That's how I had such a rapid turnaround.