cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Speakers turn on and off

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I'm back in the game, returned my unit, bought another one..

Can't lose the love for the G752.. NVMe's a poohole.

Anyhow, speakers seem to turn on and off, they make 'chick' sound to turn on, play the sound, then they go 'chick' again and turn off.

How to keep the speaker always on, or reduce the hiss? Very odd for a speaker to have such an active sleep mode.
25 REPLIES 25

BoutTime01
Level 7
That is the 6 million dollar question. When you find the answer...please share.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ST9752
Level 10
Yeah I notice this as well. I assume this is some power saving mode for the audio amp. Below some minimum signal level the amp shuts off entirely. It would be nice to disable this "feature" but I doubt there is a user control for it. Injecting some low level continuous signal into the mixer, at a high frequency like 20kHz (where nobody can hear it) might do the job if somebody wants to write an app to do that. Of course that would have to be done without locking out the audio device from other applications and it would waste precious cpu cycles. Probably not worth it.

IMO, poor analog and software engineering on the part of ASUS. They never should have released the feature with an audible click (power down transient) like that.

ST9752 wrote:
Yeah I notice this as well. I assume this is some power saving mode for the audio amp. Below some minimum signal level the amp shuts off entirely. It would be nice to disable this "feature" but I doubt there is a user control for it. Injecting some low level continuous signal into the mixer, at a high frequency like 20kHz (where nobody can hear it) might do the job if somebody wants to write an app to do that. Of course that would have to be done without locking out the audio device from other applications and it would waste precious cpu cycles. Probably not worth it.

IMO, poor analog and software engineering on the part of ASUS. They never should have released the feature with an audible click (power down transient) like that.

the app is already there in the tread of g751! its a wav-loop as service.

shame,shame,shame

It would be nice if there was a driver option that would keep the amplifier powered up continuously to avoid the transient clicks. Yes, this would use a bit more battery power, but who is running these things off battery power anyhow. At least provide the option if the hardware supports it.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Darnassus wrote:
I'm back in the game, returned my unit, bought another one..

Can't lose the love for the G752.. NVMe's a poohole.

Anyhow, speakers seem to turn on and off, they make 'chick' sound to turn on, play the sound, then they go 'chick' again and turn off.

How to keep the speaker always on, or reduce the hiss? Very odd for a speaker to have such an active sleep mode.

Hi,

Could you please tell me which G752 model you purchased and provide the video for us to confirm?

Thank you.

warryabel
Level 7
i think this is the same issue like on g751 series...popping sound also on muting!
find the tread u know what i mean!
its confirmed by many users 🙂

ST9752
Level 10
OnePiece@ASUS,

This problem is well known around here. You can test this yourself on a G752. Just play a system sound and then wait for the click that follows about a second or two later when the amplifier shuts down.

ST9752
Level 10
If you really can't make this happen I can provide an audio sample of the problem.

I took the time to record two samples of the audio system clicking using a high-quality portable PCM recorder (not a phone).

One recording is directly from the headphone output and the other from the speakers. However, this silly forum will not let me upload WAV files and it won't let me upload both files in a ZIP archive because that is a whole 3.1Mb and that's too large apparently. 😮

So, ASUS, if you would like a recording of what this sounds like let me know how to upload the samples. They are two 2.6Mb files. That represent about 15 seconds of audio per recording. The sounds are simply two different Windows system sounds that we all hear routinely.

I cannot compress these down and retain the audio quality so what would you like me to do?

FORGET ALL THIS -- I added Dropbox links below so hopefully the ASUS people can hear the problem.