cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Keyboard not working... solved ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
For christs sake.... another issue with the G752VS (Very Stupid)

So I shut down last night, boot up this morning and my internal Keyboard isn't working anymore...

So...

Keyboard doesn't work at all. Back light used to be there, now it's gone too.. (VERY WEIRD but Xsplit Gamecast key works.. the ONLY key that works.. possibly an independent key.. )

Tried BIOS.. If the Keyboard doesn't work in the BIOS itself, then it's serious.. and it doesn't work.

Updated from 306 to 310 BIOS, still nothing.

Tried Keyboard Adjustment Tool, (which made the backlight now disappear) nothing. Says 'Cannot update' etc..

If my Laptop can't handle a shutdown and me going to sleep for a few hours, then this is a real crap laptop.

I do not know how there hasn't been an uproar or a recall from ASUS to bring this model back.. seriously, this is my second G752VS..

What can I do... someone give me something here..

https://discord.gg/2q73rpB for instant IM if anyone can support me. :f
21 REPLIES 21

Darnassus wrote:
Reinstalled Win10, Keyboard is back.

Do not use third party driver updaters, it will ruin you with the G752.

I really wish I had seen your post before yesterday. I have a GL502VS that I've been having massive problems updating Windows 10 on. I'm still stuck on Windows 10 version 1607 and no matter what I've tried, I can't get it to update. I read yesterday about device drivers might be causing it to hang, so I ran a program to update all my device drivers. Now the actual keyboard on my laptop won't work as a keyboard. I can use it in BIOS and I can use the function ability (volume up/down, brightness, etc) of the keys, but not the keyboard itself. I've downloaded the ASUS driver from their webpage; it won't install. I've tried using Windows to make it update; won't work. I've uninstalled it; does nothing. I can't roll it back. I can't find any other drivers.

I bought my laptop because I travel a lot and like to game, and now the freakin' keyboard won't work.

I'm so beyond unhappy.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
SeanLGM82 wrote:
I'm so beyond unhappy.

You know the drill. :<

Use Macrium Reflect FREE to make a clone of your entire drive to an external device.

Ensure your eSupport folder is saved somewhere safe (found in C:\ )

Create Win10 bootable USB.
-- Download Win10 ISO
-- Download RUFUS boot tool
-- Intel IRST (if you use NVMe PCIe drives)
---- Settings: GPT with UEFI
---- Fat32
---- default cluster size

BIOS alterations -- spam F2

-- Fast Boot disabled
-- Secure Boot disabled
----TOUCH NOTHING ELSE

Plug in USB

Reboot - spam ESC during reboot

Launch USB

Install Win10

No idea how else to fix it thus far.

I actually got my keyboard to work again right after posting that message. Went into Device Manager, right clicked the ASUS Keypad, hit "Uninstall", chose "Delete this driver" and did that. Now my keyboard works again. I no longer have the ASUS driver show up at all; only a generic HID Keyboard Device. But the keyboard works again and that's the most important thing.

Well, I still can't get my ASUS laptop to update Windows 10 at all, so that's frustrating. But at least the keyboard works.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
SeanLGM82 wrote:
I actually got my keyboard to work again right after posting that message. Went into Device Manager, right clicked the ASUS Keypad, hit "Uninstall", chose "Delete this driver" and did that. Now my keyboard works again. I no longer have the ASUS driver show up at all; only a generic HID Keyboard Device. But the keyboard works again and that's the most important thing.

Well, I still can't get my ASUS laptop to update Windows 10 at all, so that's frustrating. But at least the keyboard works.

Tried that myself during my issue. Though it didn't help. Uninstall, delete, then reboot for the generic driver from Win10 Plug n' Play.

If you were like me and having issues installing the newest W10 updates, check out this thread. I disabled the SMART in BIOS and got it to finally update:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92349-Windows-Creator-Update-Installation-Failure-on-GL502...

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hey guys.

Yes my keyboard is still dead. After I posted my last message I had spent most of that day trying to get the keyboard to work again. I did not use any 3rd party driver installers, I just used the drivers from Asus's Support site except for the Audio Driver so I could use the new Sonic Suite V2.4.13. I went to Realtech's website for that.

I didn't reinstall windows. I tested in Windows 10 safe mode and the BIOS and I still didn't work. So in my case drivers had nothing to do with it. Seems like a hardware issue to me so since it was still under warranty from the store I purchased it I took it to them. They reinstalled Windows and that didn't do anything either so they ordered a new Keyboard from Asus. They installed the new keyboard but it didn't work either. So they called Asus and they are shipping a new Main Board. It should be here next week.

I'm disappointed that this happened but really glad that I purchased the extended warranty.

seaam
Level 7
My ASUS ROG GL502VM's built-in Keyboard is not responding without any specific reason.

- The laptop is bought 9 months ago
- The laptop is used for 5 months
- I used it only for work, no gaming or tough use of the keyboard
- Every day, I shut down it in the evening and boot in the morning and one morning the keyboard is dead
- The keyboard doesn't respond even in the bios
- I still have the warranty. But I am worried, they will make a quick fix and later the keyboard will break again after the warranty
- This is my 6th Laptop and I never had such a severe problem in any of my previous laptops

I want to know the situation of others who had their keyboard failed even at the bios. Did you get a fix and how is it afterward?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
seaam wrote:
My ASUS ROG GL502VM's built-in Keyboard is not responding without any specific reason.

- The laptop is bought 9 months ago
- The laptop is used for 5 months
- I used it only for work, no gaming or tough use of the keyboard
- Every day, I shut down it in the evening and boot in the morning and one morning the keyboard is dead
- The keyboard doesn't respond even in the bios
- I still have the warranty. But I am worried, they will make a quick fix and later the keyboard will break again after the warranty
- This is my 6th Laptop and I never had such a severe problem in any of my previous laptops

I want to know the situation of others who had their keyboard failed even at the bios. Did you get a fix and how is it afterward?

Noble Sir, your spelling and grammar is top notch, but how you've managed to mix "GL502VM" and "G752", is beyond me. Noble Sir.

Darnassus wrote:
Noble Sir, your spelling and grammar is top notch, but how you've managed to mix "GL502VM" and "G752", is beyond me. Noble Sir.

After all, both of them are from the ROG series and more importantly have the exact same problem as described by the original post. Anyway, thanks for your sarcastic tone.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
seaam wrote:
After all, both of them are from the ROG series and more importantly have the exact same problem as described by the original post. Anyway, thanks for your sarcastic tone.

CORRECT however, never mix and match. Different models usually, if not always have different drivers. The fix here, may damage your notebook.

( I cannot help myself, it was my latest Dragon Ball Super episode watched, and referenced. Though there was no sarcasm used. ;d )