cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY free space(air) requirments

SnowG
Level 7
What are the Asus G751JY free space(air) minimal requirements for the exhausts at the back of the laptop? Example: What is the minimal distance to a wall on a desk?
4 REPLIES 4

NitroX
Level 10
That mostly depends on how much you stress the hardware. During office and mutimedia periods you could only leave 10cm's away from the wall because the heat will still dissipate if the air convection is good enough in the room. But when you are gaming, I recommend a distance of 20cm's at least, because the heat will build up over there. Now it also depends on the demands of the game of course. By the way, I'm not an expert , I'm just making some suggestions based on my own experience.
You could keep an eye on the temps with a software monitor like HWMonitor by CPUID or HWInfo, and see if the hardware components get too warm when you keep the laptop too near to the wall. Personal experience is the best solution.

Thanks for your reply NitroX! Thanks for your distance advise. And I know all those software already but thanks for the tip. I only am curious if someone knows the official advised distance.

Thanks for your reply NitroX! Thanks for your distance advise. And I know all those software already but thanks for the tip. I only am curious if someone knows the official advised distance.

cablebandit
Level 7
Just surfing and watching vids, I literally have my laptop sitting on my lap on a comforter in bed. The rear ports are about half blocked as we speak. Temps are currently 39c for cpu and gpu