Did you mean: 

G751JY enable G-Sync with new BIOS 207?

hexaae
Level 12
I've just installed new

BIOS 207
Support Nvidia G-sync function.

from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JY&p=3&s=719

But I can't see G-SYNC option available in nVidia control panel (drivers 350.12)... How can I activate it?
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
49 REPLIES 49

hexaae
Level 12
The question is: will nVidia ever release a notebook driver with G-SYNC?
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

TeMagic
Level 7
Yes, they will. That is where their development is at current. There is already a leaked alpha driver and drivers have been sent to manufacturers for testing and now we have a new BIOS which improves I suppose on the G-sync capabilities, so of course there will... We just have to be patient that's all...
Conspiracy is nothing!

doughdreads
Level 7
Will G-Sync work with the 970m? I looked on NVIDIA's site for supported GPU's and none of the mobile GPU's were listed.

doughdreads wrote:
Will G-Sync work with the 970m? I looked on NVIDIA's site for supported GPU's and none of the mobile GPU's were listed.

I did read an article on NVIdias forum where it said that the whole mobile range of GPUs are being "in development" but I don't seem to be able to find it again. One thing is sure, they are working on a driver with enabled G-Sync and we will maybe see it quite soon. I'm relying on this ASUS release of Bios 207 which makes me think that they have already received a sample for testing.

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
there's a new 352.63 driver released if you are on windows ten now. it is supposedly able to run gsync. but i don't know for sure.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

AQUASTEVAE wrote:
there's a new 352.63 driver released if you are on windows ten now. it is supposedly able to run gsync. but i don't know for sure.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/197-geforce-r352-series/

But they are indeed for Win 10 and cause many issues on Win 8.1 ATM.
Ok, we have to wait for a new WHQL mobile driver with G-SYNC from nVidia...
--

Tindreal
Level 7
I wonder if this bios+new driver will fix the black screen issue when fps drops for a second...

Tindreal wrote:
I wonder if this bios+new driver will fix the black screen issue when fps drops for a second...

I bet it will...
Conspiracy is nothing!

TeMagic wrote:
I bet it will...

Well if it doesnt, then this whole gsync thing can go in the trash.
A 100% fix is not possible with just software modification, however a fix that is 90% as good is possible.

2menijulia
Level 7
i hope this will be released for the JT as well... and hoping G-SYNC will be added on next nvidia release for win 8.1 😄