Did you mean: 

G751JY Disassembly Pics

joshindaphils
Level 11
Update:

Video teardown guide (all rights to the video creator):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU

Original post:

Had my G751 serviced under warranty due to a rattling sound. Ended up being the double sided tape that holds the CMOS battery came undone allowing the battery to rattle around. Took the opportunity to take a bunch of pics and have some IC Diamond 24 applied as well.

57 REPLIES 57

arrtaas
Level 9
Yep the sounds sucks, i unplugged the sub because it was causing more vibration then actual low bass.

arrtaas wrote:
Yep the sounds sucks, i unplugged the sub because it was causing more vibration then actual low bass.

It's still not that bad to me. We have some Laptop at home and this is the one we are using for watching a movie or an episode in the bed. The sound is louder and better define than the average Laptop. The screen is the best I've seen so far as well.

Cheetah
Level 7
Wow....three hours to open and close again all the laptop covers! Im actually looking forward to do it and replace the two ram sticks with 16GB Kingston HyperX 1.35v ram. Then later I can install two more ram for a total of 32 GB ram.

Cheetah
Level 7
Wow....three hours to open and close again all the laptop covers! Im actually looking forward to do it and replace the two ram sticks with 16GB Kingston HyperX 1.35v ram. Then later I can install two more ram for a total of 32 GB ram.

JerJer123
Level 7
I know this is alot to ask, so forgive me if I am asking for too much here, but would is be possible for you to make some sort of instructional video on how to take the laptop apart just like you did in the OP?

They've made it such a pain in the ass to clean the fans, so it would be nice to have a guide to do this safely.

JerJer123 wrote:
I know this is alot to ask, so forgive me if I am asking for too much here, but would is be possible for you to make some sort of instructional video on how to take the laptop apart just like you did in the OP?

They've made it such a pain in the ass to clean the fans, so it would be nice to have a guide to do this safely.

Sorry man, no can do on my end, These pics were taken during a warranty service, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my warranty not to mention that sounds like a ton of work hehe. Perhaps some other kind soul can do a tear down video.

I am working on cleaning up an English translation from a good guide supertoad did, it will probably be done a bit later though as I didn't have the time this weekend I thought I would to edit it.

joshindaphils wrote:
Sorry man, no can do on my end, These pics were taken during a warranty service, I wouldn't want to jeopardise my warranty not to mention that sounds like a ton of work hehe. Perhaps some other kind sole can do a tear down video.

I am working on cleaning up an English translation from a good guide supertoad did, it will probably be done a bit later though as I didn't have the time this weekend I thought I would to edit it.

No worries. Thanks for the response 🙂

duttyfoot
Level 7
Thanks for the tip, between your post and this one http://portables4gamers.com/forum/topic/25112-tuto-d%C3%A9monter-compl%C3%A8tement-son-g751/
i was able to pull it down. I have been pulling these down since Gen1 and they aren't that much different except for the battery. I found a screw in the system that was
just laying around above the hole it belongs in lol, i guess they missed it. the other thing i noticed is a connector that was free and i assume its fora speaker, can anyone confirm

joshindaphils
Level 11
That wire is for the sub. If you follow it, it goes straight into the sub assembly.

That is actually the guide I am rewriting the English translation of. The author has been kind enough to do the initial translation for me to edit. I should get it back to him in a week or so, then he can post it for everyone's benefit. Just been too busy lately...

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
there is a part of me, that is very pissed off that i bought another asus notebook. and when i see things like this, where you have to disassemble almost the entire notebook just to clean the fans, it's like pouring fuel on the fire. i have seen several notebooks where you have access to almost all of the components you might need to change or adjust, and even the fans for cleaning. but asus's actions continue to say, "screw you customers", and we keep buying their products like idiots. if the g751jy wasn't so cool looking on the outside, i would never have bought it. i was leaning towards the msi, and allowed myself to be sidetracked by looks. i should have stuck with my initial feelings.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11