Did you mean: 

G751JY Disassembly Pics

joshindaphils
Level 11
Update:

Video teardown guide (all rights to the video creator):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU

Original post:

Had my G751 serviced under warranty due to a rattling sound. Ended up being the double sided tape that holds the CMOS battery came undone allowing the battery to rattle around. Took the opportunity to take a bunch of pics and have some IC Diamond 24 applied as well.

57 REPLIES 57

joshindaphils
Level 11
Cont.

It is my understanding that doing this yourself is a warranty violation, though I saw nothing that would indicate that the device was opened, i.e. a warranty void sticker.

Sargatanas
Level 7
Thanks for the pictures. I was already searching for a howto to reapply the thermal paste.
Mine had/has the same issue. Still Looks a bit complicated to open and turn the Mainboard 🙂

Sargatanas wrote:
Thanks for the pictures. I was already searching for a howto to reapply the thermal paste.
Mine had/has the same issue. Still Looks a bit complicated to open and turn the Mainboard 🙂

From the bottom pull all the screws, pop the back part behind the LCD, unplug the speakers, pop the keyboard, unplug the all the cables, do a bunch more screws and pull the main board. 8 more screws for the heatpipe assembly and your home free.

I've had laptops where you could do this just by opening the user serviceable area, and that is awesome, and I've had laptops like this where you have to pull it all apart to repaste. As far as a laptop that you have to pull apart goes, this is easy to work with due to the size. You just need a jewlers philips and a spudger. It was about a two hour job though.

Sargatanas
Level 7
thanks for the help. Think I try it this weekend, looks like the same mess like the G73
Your battery problem, did it Sound like plastic or something vibrates front left corner while playing music?

did you compare the temperatures before/after applying the IC Diamond?

Sargatanas wrote:
thanks for the help. Think I try it this weekend, looks like the same mess like the G73
Your battery problem, did it Sound like plastic or something vibrates front left corner while playing music?

did you compare the temperatures before/after applying the IC Diamond?

Yes before at stock settings my proc would get real close to 90c, and my GPU would hover around 85c when stress tested. (haven and IXT stress test) Now I can max the multipliers (34x for 4 cores, and max out the current limits on the same test, it take a good 15 min to reach 90 but after 2 hours of stress testing there was no throttling, the GPU now doesn't see anything over 75c. I don't have an apples to apples comparison.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
joshindaphils wrote:
It is my understanding that doing this yourself is a warranty violation, though I saw nothing that would indicate that the device was opened, i.e. a warranty void sticker.

There usually is at least one yellow sticker on one of the screws that secures the CPU heat sink.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
There usually is at least one yellow sticker on one of the screws that secures the CPU heat sink.

Something to keep in mind. Below is the image I took just before the heatpipe assembly was removed, no such sticker... at least on mine.

Sargatanas
Level 7
there won't be a sticker anymore, if you had a repair/Service.
That's something I also recognized with my other ones which needed a service

escha
Level 7
there is NO sticker / warranty seal on radiators/screws/cooling system in asus g751 jy/jt as I was informed by asus representative/tech support after he consulted it with other asus engineers. That's official answer in my asus account inbox.
Nevertheless warranty service can recognize the change in thermal paste (not original) and call it voided warranty (it's up to them).
You can open it, maybe clean it yourself as it won't leave any tracks if done properly, but changing the paste by yourself may lead to voiding the warranty 'willingly', as they say.
For your consideration...

PS: Thank You for the pics!!!