Did you mean: 

G751JY Disassembly Pics

joshindaphils
Level 11
Update:

Video teardown guide (all rights to the video creator):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7px8mx5LU

Original post:

Had my G751 serviced under warranty due to a rattling sound. Ended up being the double sided tape that holds the CMOS battery came undone allowing the battery to rattle around. Took the opportunity to take a bunch of pics and have some IC Diamond 24 applied as well.

57 REPLIES 57

QC_AGENT
Level 7
joshindaphils wrote:
Had my G751 serviced under warranty due to a rattling sound. Ended up being the double sided tape that holds the CMOS battery came undone allowing the battery to rattle around. Took the opportunity to take a bunch of pics and have some IC Diamond 24 applied as well.

Wow, thanks for the pics. I only want to outline that I've got the same rattling issue when my G751-JY came back from the repair shop for changing the motherboard. I then noticed a rattling sound. I turned it back to my local retailer and they found out it was the CMOS battery. They fixed it with hot glue. The tech did had to disasemble the whole thing again... A three hours job for a 5 min fix. Thanks to ASUS warranty services though.

QC_AGENT wrote:
Wow, thanks for the pics. I only want to outline that I've got the same rattling issue when my G751-JY came back from the repair shop for changing the motherboard. I then noticed a rattling sound. I turned it back to my local retailer and they found out it was the CMOS battery. They fixed it with hot glue. The tech did had to disassemble the whole thing again... A three hours job for a 5 min fix. Thanks to ASUS warranty services though.

I imagine this will be a common issue... the tape used was not very sticky. Hopefully they have, or will change this up. Seams a shame to cause a bunch of services cases due to some cheap tape.

bahiista
Level 7
hi can you please show the picture with the cmos battery? thanks

bahiista wrote:
hi can you please show the picture with the cmos battery? thanks

Here ya go there is another visible in the initial photo drop. Could give you a better perspective of where it is located if this is zoomed in too tight for you.

joshindaphils wrote:
Here ya go there is another visible in the initial photo drop. Could give you a better perspective of where it is located if this is zoomed in too tight for you.

@joshindaphils, I know a. i'm coming to this like 3 years later, and b. this is somewhat outside the scope of G751JY disassembly.. but the CMOS battery.. from a technical standpoint. ... 'resetting' this.. as the tech talk states in common troubleshooting.. would be simply unplugging it for a period of 5 to 10 minutes ?
Does anyone else know ?

Generally 30 seconds is considered very safe. It should loose any stored values almost instantly after not being powered.

mpgioia wrote:
@joshindaphils, I know a. i'm coming to this like 3 years later, and b. this is somewhat outside the scope of G751JY disassembly.. but the CMOS battery.. from a technical standpoint. ... 'resetting' this.. as the tech talk states in common troubleshooting.. would be simply unplugging it for a period of 5 to 10 minutes ?
Does anyone else know ?

arrtaas
Level 9
joshindaphils,

I changed my thermal paste from AC MX-4 to IC diamond 24 carat and my temps decreased by 10 to 12 C. Thank you very much, this is freaking awesome!

arrtaas wrote:
joshindaphils,

I changed my thermal paste from AC MX-4 to IC diamond 24 carat and my temps decreased by 10 to 12 C. Thank you very much, this is freaking awesome!

Nice, glad my post helped ya!

QC_AGENT
Level 7
The front speakers looks pretty much boxed in, behind the screen. That can explain why 70% of the sound power seams to comes from the Sub speaker I guess?

QC_AGENT wrote:
The front speakers looks pretty much boxed in, behind the screen. That can explain why 70% of the sound power seams to comes from the Sub speaker I guess?

They are rather small to begin with in general as well as compared to the sub. It doesn't help that they fire upwards though are ported to the side (front) not a great design... Asus has never really cared much for audio quality on their laptops, there is definitely enough space to play with to make the audio better. Heck even just adding two speakers per channel would of done something.